How would you realistically improve our OLine? (2 Viewers)

I'm willing to trade Mickey Loomis for a few Guards

This should have been addressed in NFL free agency and/or the draft. A trade or waiver pick-up is about it. The new OL coach has to be accountable as well. The final cuts might give them a chance at a veteran lineman ... maybe.

I think we need to scrap our way through this season...picking up as much help as we can get through waivers or minor trade (you aren't going to get a top notch guy via trade at this point). Next season, we need to draft OL...early and often.

Game planning and some additional time to jell as a unit. So far in the offseason they have gone up against a solid defense and a coach that doesn't like to lose even in the preseason, talent wise the best front 7 in the league all while working backup/fringe players at WR and returner, then a game against the dirtiest defense in the league which comes in in late season mode to a preseason game. I kinda look at that game like Gregg Williams against the 49ers that preseason when he went into full attack mode.

All the while our offensive line is trying to find the best players in the best positions and adapting to a new coach and checking talent. So like I've said, time, scheme, game planning, time to jell. It will be fine

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Dallas OLINE is so overrated it's not even funny.

I am all for upgrading the line but other teams cast offs aren't the answer. Davis basically walked out on his team last year so why should we trust him.

All this stuff about Leary is a joke. He IS NOT AN UPGRADE.

Once again against Houston Brees got hit three times and 2 were defensive penalties.

Sorry but you obviously didn't get my point about the lines. Because no one on here likes the cowboys (except maybe El Caliente) we don't look at their flaws. People need to stop jumping on the cowboys hype train. If you go to the cowboys forum everyone and their mother hates Doug Free. People are always more critical of their own team because they know them.

This line will be fine. I would like it to be stronger but it is what it is. I guess you guys forget that we have an offensive genius as a head coach. Once Armstead settles back in and the OLINE gels they will be a top 10 unit again.

Lol Cowboys line is over rated? How! Because everyone hates Free? He is not garbage he is good and that's the worst Olineman they have. Then they only happen to have 3 guys who are all too 3 at their position. Now they have a 1st round grade LT playing LG in his 2nd year who had an ok rookie year but is expected to only get better. He is well above average as well. Nobody is going to have 5 all pros but they have 3 along with a potential pro bowl caliber LG. That is over rated? Then what the hell is our OLine? I'm no Cowboys fan at all and hate them as well but doesn't mean you can be realistic about it.

Sorry but Armstead isn't going to fix our OLine by himself. It does take 5 guys and right now e are very weak in the interior. We need an upgrade bad and I don't know how you can't see that. Yes Payton is an offensive genius and in my opinion top 5 offensive coaches ever. Guess what!? Without an OLine his genius brain can't operate what he wants to because he operates with a QB that has time to throw the ball. The worst thing that could happen to what they wanna do is have pressure up the middle.. And guess what!? We are weak up the middle. We don't need to fix the whole OLine but we absolutely need a solid OG that we don't question if he or he guy behind him will start which is the case right now. Someone like Davis changes everything.

Ok Davis walked away from a terrible situation and thought about retirement. He realized that's not what he wants and he's obviously committed enough to not have complained about playing with 3rd stringers and changing positions. You don't get guys f his talent for the price we possibly could ever. We have a Vance because he decided to take a year off from football and that would stop you from acquiring a pro bowl talent OLineman at 26 years old when that is our weakest spot. We fix that issue and we are set. This isn't some head case or bad attitude person not to trust he took a year off from football and even said he would eventually come back.

I don't want to see us trading away any future draft picks, unless it's for a bonafide starter and costs us a 5th round pick or later. I am so sick of us trading away our draft picks. I say we replace Lelito with Landon Turner at LG, stop shuffling Peat all over the line and leave him at RG and take our lumps early in the season, so hopefully by midseason, the offensive line is gelling and just good enough to make us a playoff contender.

I don't want to trade draft picks either but getting someone like Davis from the 49ers is a game changer. I think he could possibly be had for a 4th rounder. Tby as not just getting a starter but an all pro talent at OG who is only 26. Kelly might want to just get a pick and go with his guys which he has shown to do before. I would be willing to go 3rd but I don't think it's needed. He solves the OLine issues the second he gets here.

We don't have to give up anything if we get Vaquez. I don't know why people are so against him.. He was a pro bowl guard that won the SB LAST YEAR!!!

I wanted him as well but there has to be a reason why he is still on the market. Can't hurt to bring him in.

Lol Cowboys line is over rated? How! Because everyone hates Free? He is not garbage he is good and that's the worst Olineman they have. Then they only happen to have 3 guys who are all too 3 at their position. Now they have a 1st round grade LT playing LG in his 2nd year who had an ok rookie year but is expected to only get better. He is well above average as well. Nobody is going to have 5 all pros but they have 3 along with a potential pro bowl caliber LG. That is over rated? Then what the hell is our OLine? I'm no Cowboys fan at all and hate them as well but doesn't mean you can be realistic about it.

Sorry but Armstead isn't going to fix our OLine by himself. It does take 5 guys and right now e are very weak in the interior. We need an upgrade bad and I don't know how you can't see that. Yes Payton is an offensive genius and in my opinion top 5 offensive coaches ever. Guess what!? Without an OLine his genius brain can't operate what he wants to because he operates with a QB that has time to throw the ball. The worst thing that could happen to what they wanna do is have pressure up the middle.. And guess what!? We are weak up the middle. We don't need to fix the whole OLine but we absolutely need a solid OG that we don't question if he or he guy behind him will start which is the case right now. Someone like Davis changes everything.

Ok Davis walked away from a terrible situation and thought about retirement. He realized that's not what he wants and he's obviously committed enough to not have complained about playing with 3rd stringers and changing positions. You don't get guys f his talent for the price we possibly could ever. We have a Vance because he decided to take a year off from football and that would stop you from acquiring a pro bowl talent OLineman at 26 years old when that is our weakest spot. We fix that issue and we are set. This isn't some head case or bad attitude person not to trust he took a year off from football and even said he would eventually come back.

Keep drinking the cowboy koolaid. When I see them win something maybe I will agree. Please stop bringing up where someone was drafted. That means nothing after the fact and you also lose credibility when you talk pro bowl. We all know that is bs (Colston never made one) and is nothing more than a popularity contest. Hell 4 of the cowgirl starters will probably make it this year even if they suck because everyone is buying the hype.

Davis is a good suggestion. Another guy from the 9ers who they just picked up in FA to watch for is Zane Beadles. Beadles can play but they drafted Garnett and he has been working with the first team since last week. He plays LG and if he gets cut we should certainly give him a look at the very least. The whole Vazquez situation baffles me. No news on him regarding attitude or injuries but no one will give him a shot. Personally, I think the line will work itself out in time but there will be options come cut down time.

Keep drinking the cowboy koolaid. When I see them win something maybe I will agree. Please stop bringing up where someone was drafted. That means nothing after the fact and you also lose credibility when you talk pro bowl. We all know that is bs (Colston never made one) and is nothing more than a popularity contest. Hell 4 of the cowgirl starters will probably make it this year even if they suck because everyone is buying the hype.

Lol!!!! When did I say I like the Cowboys or their team was worth a damn? Is that all you got because you were completely wrong on saying their OLine is not that good? When did I say anything about how high someone was drafted? Only thing I said remotely close to draft is Collins their 4th best OLineman was a 1st round grade LT and is a well above average guard only going into his 2nd season. Collins is better than anything we have at OG. Again they have 3 OLineman who are arguably the top at their position, 1 OG who is a 2nd year player who has pro bowl potential and is a very good guard. Only weak link they have is at RT if you would even call that a week link because Free is atleast average at worst. This is being a fan of football. Sorry I don't live in a Saints bubble and have to believe our OLine isn't roses while being bias that he Cowboys OLine is over rated like you. Lol you hate the Cowboys so that means their OLine sucks and ours is going to be damn good! Lol got it!

I never said their line is not that good. I said they are severely overrated. I do think they are a top 10 line but people act like this line is as good as the cowboy line of the early 90s. Please tell me how they are virtual Gods of their positions and yet somehow every QB they have gets hurt?

I am not sure Collins is better than anyone on our team. You guys seem to forget that coaching is a part of line play. We have the better coach and we will also do things like chip blocking along with better game planning.

We had the best OLINE in football in 09 and 11 yet I didn't hear one so called expert say it. Same thing with Brees.....yahoo had an article saying Winston is an early mvp candidate. I don't give a rats arse as to what the national pundits say. Every year I hear how the cowgirls are the most talented team in the world and every year I get to laugh at their opinions.

Davis is a good suggestion. Another guy from the 9ers who they just picked up in FA to watch for is Zane Beadles. Beadles can play but they drafted Garnett and he has been working with the first team since last week. He plays LG and if he gets cut we should certainly give him a look at the very least. The whole Vazquez situation baffles me. No news on him regarding attitude or injuries but no one will give him a shot. Personally, I think the line will work itself out in time but there will be options come cut down time.

Yea I wouldn't mind Beadles. I think if anything he ends up being a back up depth for them. They just have no room for Davis and he's way to talented to not play and I'm sure he doesn't want that. Maybe he should complain lol and Kelly will ship him out for a 7th the way his ego is. I also think our OLine will be ok but that's at best. It's very possible we struggle blocking up the middle and even off the edge for Strief. I don't like the idea of so many things having to go right for us to have a decent OLine. Adding 1 stud player can make a huge difference for us making the starters very good while only increasing the quality of depth. I haven't heard a negative about Vasquez either except for us being a possible scheme fit issue. Still if he's better then what we have scheme or not we should pick him up. I just don't see how 31 other teams with many not having the scheme issue haven't taken a look. Very odd.

Just looked up the cowgirls stats from last year. 9th in rushing 22nd overall. 31st in scoring. Wow that line is awesome.

In 2014 they were second in rushing with Murray and Romo all year. There were 7th in points. You are right domepatroller..........they're good. Best oline my ***.

Last year only 7 teams gave up fewer sacks than the saints OLine. You are so right............we suck.

........are people actually saying our current OL will be fine.....?

I mean. Don't get me wrong. I don't like most of our options. A UDFA will not be the answer this season. Maybe next. Leary is....ok....Davis is great but taking that year of is concerning.

We don't have great options. Bringing in anyone knew is going into the season with ZERO cohesion.

But. Still. People are defending our current starting offensive line?

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yes we are defending our line. They will get better. Defense always gels faster than offense. We haven't game planned at all yet. Payton is an offensive genius and will devise a scheme to protect Drew. This doesn't mean that we don't want to improve but Leary isn't the answer.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom