How Zack Baun Fits with the New Orleans Saints (1 Viewer)

• Admin
1588246397778.png
AP Photo

By Jake Kocorowski - Sports Illustrated

Despite falling to the third round on Friday night, Wisconsin linebacker Zack Baun found his next home on his football journey when the New Orleans Saints selected him with the No. 74 overall selection in the 2020 NFL Draft.

AllBadgers.com caught up with the Saints News Network's John Hendrix on Tuesday afternoon to discuss how Baun, who registered 12.5 sacks and 19.5 tackles for loss in 2019, may be utilized by the NFC South franchise next season.
First off, what was your reaction to the Saints drafting Baun after he fell to the third round?

"I think it was exactly that, like, 'Man, this guy fell to the third round,' is the crazy part. You look at how things unfolded for the Saints in this draft. They needed a linebacker, and obviously we look at the first round with (Michigan lineman) Cesar Ruiz that, OK well, you have Patrick Queen there. And for me, they didn't need another coverage guy because I think they felt good with what they had with Alex Anzalone going into the final year of his contract and Kiko Alonzo coming back from injury so they really needed somebody to fill A.J. Klein's role. Somebody that can play that 'Sam' (strong-side linebacker) position, maybe 'Mike' (middle linebacker) for them. But then they got Baun, I knew that he was one of those guys that had a first-round grade on him, first-round talent.

Full Story - si.com

Andrus Whitewing

Andrus Whitewing

Admin

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom