How'd he get in there?! Help solve the mystery of the drowned mouse (1 Viewer)

Well it's just me, my wife, and my two year old. Poison is possible. I've got some old rat poison still in the attic. But why wouldn't he just go into the bowl then?

Good point. maybe he was crazy?

This reminds me of something I do to my buddy every now and then. I'll be over at his place drinking beer and if I happen to finish a beer in one of his bathrooms I'll take the lid off the tank and drop my empty in there. He looks for them now but the first time I did it I would look every time I was over to see if it was still there....it was....for years. I finally told him about it so now he looks. What he doesn't know about are all the other places I put my empties....I have them his all over his house.

Well it's just me, my wife, and my two year old. Poison is possible. I've got some old rat poison still in the attic. But why wouldn't he just go into the bowl then?
Come on, man, we're not mice psychologists!

Do you have a cat?

Most likely, the cat murdered the little fella' and stuck him in there to hide the evidence. Cats are evil! While they can be clever at times, they are evil to the core.

Do you have a cat?

Most likely, the cat murdered the little fella' and stuck him in there to hide the evidence. Cats are evil! While they can be clever at times, they are evil to the core.
This makes sense.

Brennan, do you purposefully drop anything In the tank. Like 2000 flushes?

maybe he hitched a ride?

I reexamined the scene this evening and I'm even more convinced that the only route in was through the bowl, up through the syphon jet and into the tank when we flushed. I know it's crazy but I see know space on the top lid at all.

So this is a first.

I'm vegging out in the tub after getting the kid to bed. My wife complains that the toilet is running and that everything seems to need to be fixed lately. (The house is 8 years old now so I've been having to repair a few things lately) I absently tell her to jiggle the handle and to remove the lid if that doesn't fix it. She screams. Hilarity ensues.

There's a dead mouse in the toilet tank. His tail is keeping the stopper from sealing. The worst part is I swear I heard something a couple of days ago that sounded like a mouse near the toilet. Now I know. :( The best part is that he's been removed and the toilet needs no repairs.

So....how'd he get in there? There's no external evidence around the toilet or house to suggest a mouse. Could he have come up the plumbing somehow?!
Mice are like roaches in that if you see one, there are more. Many more. Be on the lookout.

I fished a bat out of one of the pool skimmers a couple years ago. I'm not sure how or why he got in there. Thought he was a goner, but after a couple minutes drying his wings on the deck, he took off, flew around my head twice as if to say "Thanks man, i was about done for" then went off to eat mosquitoes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom