How's our defense look? (2 Viewers)

GeauxSainz

Krewe of SaintsChat
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Just tuned in (4th qtr) and am on my cell. Curious to see how they are doing. Travelling for work so couldn't watch it all.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

I thought the first string looked improved.
however the backups have looked mediocre at best

Starting unit looked GREAT. 2 tackles for a loss, 2 sacks, and gave up I believe 1 first down and 25 yards in a few series.

Starters were good.

We still have no depth though and that will matter.

Starters were good.

We still have no depth though and that will matter.

I wouldn't say no depth. We have depth in the secondary and at LB but we are starting to get thin. We lack depth maybe, but to say we have "no" depth is a little drastic.

We have little depth on what is an average Oline.

Fewer penalties. Fewer blown assignments. Lots of intensity. Overall played pretty well I think.

I wouldn't say no depth. We have depth in the secondary and at LB but we are starting to get thin. We lack depth maybe, but to say we have "no" depth is a little drastic.

Nail on the head here. We better hope armstead stays healthy and peat is the RG answer. And Anthony isn't severely hurt.

Starter were very good. After that I think they looks good aside of some plays. But you have to remember there are players fighting for a roster spot in the other team too. They are going to make plays. No way we would hold them to zero yards the entire game.

Overall, I though the defense looked good. Defenders are always around the ball. They're getting into the backfield on passing plays and most runs seems to get stuffed.

Every team has "depth" if you want to get technical. The bodies are there.

I've seen nothing to say to me that we have good depth.

Starters looked a bit better. DT's definitely better. The reserves were lethargic and overmatched.

So, basically last year with a better defensive line.

I'm tempering myself, as the first team went against the backup QB.

Don't try to reason with me, I'm afraid to get excited about defense. :hihi:

Every team has "depth" if you want to get technical. The bodies are there.

I've seen nothing to say to me that we have good depth.

I can respect that. Saying we have no depth and saying we don't have good depth is a very big difference. Saints are way ahead of way they were at this time last year, that's all you can ask. Continue to improve.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom