Hows this for bandwagon? (1 Viewer)

boxerharley

Very Banned
Reaction score
I live in Washington State, very far from NO. and I just went to a sports store to get a new hat, and the guy that has managed the place for the last 7 years, never got requests for ANYTHING in the Saints except for when I went in there. ....Well today I went to get my new Mariners hat and he said they have sold every single Authentic Reggie Bush Jersey, and all the Joe Horn Jerseys within the last month. He said he has asked people if they are fans now because we got Reggie and most are saying " Yeah , I have always pulled for the Saints." Well this guy is so anti-bandwagon, except for increased sales, that he drills them on questions about the Saints, and NONE of them know anything except they are winning, and they like Reggie. So I dont know how spending money on Saints Jerseys, goes back to the Saints, but its pretty funny how way up here in Seattle, people have even jumped on, and one way or another its supporting our boys !!!

My brother lives in Minnesota and has seen the same thing. He sees Saints hats all the time and when people see his they yell Go SAINTS! He just thinks its funny being in Viking land.

I don't like it.

"Well this guy is so anti-bandwagon, except for increased sales, that he drills them on questions about the Saints, and NONE of them know anything except they are winning, and they like Reggie. So I dont know how spending money on Saints Jerseys, goes back to the Saints, but its pretty funny how way up here in Seattle, people have even jumped on, and one way or another its supporting our boys !!!"

I assume the guy could ask questions till he's blue in the face, but he'll still sell the shirt. Of course.

I met one yesterday. At All Stars. He had a Bush 25 jersey on, so I went over and said Hello.

After all is said and done, he "used to live in NO, but can't remember exactly where". Indeed.

He is from Miami!

OH, NO!!

Miami fans are the worst. Lose 3 games, and they have no fans. He likes NO because he likes Bush. Indeed.

He likes us because we are winning, and if we lose he will be gone with the wind.

This popularity is a mixed blessing for me. Where were people like this when we were getting killed?

Ok, I'll stop, sorry for the rant.

ddd

I don't like it.

"Well this guy is so anti-bandwagon, except for increased sales, that he drills them on questions about the Saints, and NONE of them know anything except they are winning, and they like Reggie. So I dont know how spending money on Saints Jerseys, goes back to the Saints, but its pretty funny how way up here in Seattle, people have even jumped on, and one way or another its supporting our boys !!!"

I assume the guy could ask questions till he's blue in the face, but he'll still sell the shirt. Of course.

I met one yesterday. At All Stars. He had a Bush 25 jersey on, so I went over and said Hello.

After all is said and done, he "used to live in NO, but can't remember exactly where". Indeed.

He is from Miami!

OH, NO!!

Miami fans are the worst. Lose 3 games, and they have no fans. He likes NO because he likes Bush. Indeed.

He likes us because we are winning, and if we lose he will be gone with the wind.

This popularity is a mixed blessing for me. Where were people like this when we were getting killed?

Ok, I'll stop, sorry for the rant.

ddd

Firstly, why should he stop a sale for no reason? Secondly, how do you not remember where you lived? It better have been when he was 4 or something because that's just crazy.

I don't mind bandwagons. I want as many Saints fans as possible. The only types of bandwagons or fans I hate are the ones who come to the team when they do well and say that they have been a fan for awhile and just havent told anyone and also the people who like say the Saints when they do good then leave when they do bad and come back when they do good. Id rather have them not be fans.

Guys, this is what happens when a team is winning. Add in that most of the country still feels empathy for what the region has gone through, and the marketability of a few of the stars on the team, and bingo! you get a team that is growing in popularity seemingly right before your eyes.

Just relax, know that you are a "true" fan, whatever that means to you, and enjoy the added publicity! For me, it means that I get to see the Saints play this weekend on my local TV channel. SWEET!

NPs6724,

"Firstly, why should he stop a sale for no reason?"

He shouldn't. But why ask the questions if there is no reason for them?

ddd

I use to never see Saint's here in Ohio. Now I see it every place. What bugs me is I have been a Saints fan for over 20 years. And now when I wear my Saint's stuff people ask me why I jumped on the bandwagon.Dopes!!!

It comes with winning, if you don't like it then just root against the Saints.

I'm okay with the bangwagon for the most part. As long as they're respectful of the long-term fans. But I think a lot of this is that people have always had a sort of an appreciation for the Saints.

When I went away to college in Tennessee, I was suprised how many people said "oh, I like the Saints. They're pretty cool- and they have cool uniforms." I just came across this alot.

I think it was partially because we never were a threat to anyone (except in our division) so people had no reason not to like us. And also because the team was just different. From a cool, unique city that people like to visit- a city that's just sort of different that everywhere else- you have this team called the Saints (what sort of strange nickname is that for a sports team?) that has these cool black and gold fleur de lis uniforms and never really does anyone too much harm. At least that is how I always reasoned it- but there were definitely a surprising number of people who "kind of liked" the Saints.

And now, perhaps it is this feeling that is coming out- especially due to the whole struggle that team has been through. People like underdogs.

Then the finishing touch is the performance. We've been winning and are fun to watch with so many skill players. Our style is intelligent and tough, featuring talented players who execute, and play as a team, which even itself is behaving like part of a greater team- the team working to rejuvenate a ruined city. I think all of this has caused this surge in fans.

I'm okay with it. It speaks volumes for what the team and the city have accomplished- and people want to support that and have some fun while they're at it.

whodat.

Um, he probly drilled those people to prove they aren't real saints fans, the same thing i would be doing if i worked in a sports retail store in Washington State. C'mon man you gotta do things to entertain yourself sometimes.

Much closer to home, but my girlfriend was in Bossier last weekend and went to The Boardwalk. She said she saw a lot of people wearing Saints jerseys and other gear. If there is indeed a broadening of the fanbase, it couldn't be happening at a better time -- particularly as it relates to here in Louisiana. Bandwagon or not, the more the better.

Last year we was America's team after we beat Carolina and we all know what happened after that. When we started losing it all went away and was now just a regular team. So IMO they can keep all that stuff about Saints a feel good story and the league feels sorry for us, Saints make there own luck.

I, being a long time saints fan have come up with the best way to tell if somebody is a bandwagon fan or a real fan (even if they are short timers) I just look at them and say whodat. if I don't get back whodat say they gonna beat them saints I know their on the wagon and just let it be. its ok as long as their not bashing the team if they do bad.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom