howz yer spanish? (1 Viewer)

soupcan dan

just the salad please
VIP Subscribing Member
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
guy comes into my shop today to get a key cut that clearly says DO NOT COPY. I ask him what business the key goes to and if he's authorized---he rattles off a business name and i head back to check the books. He's good , but as i get back to tell him all's cool he's on the phone telling someone --

"este imbécil no cortará mi llave"

i interrupt his phone call with "eres bueno, cuantos llaves necessita? "

the expression on his face was priceless.

I know enough spanish to make cab drivers in spanish speaking countries think I know spanish and then start speaking to me and then I have no idea what they are talking about.
Same. But I probably know less Spanish, but I'm brown. I confuse the sheet out of them. And I disappoint my family...

guy comes into my shop today to get a key cut that clearly says DO NOT COPY. I ask him what business the key goes to and if he's authorized---he rattles off a business name and i head back to check the books. He's good , but as i get back to tell him all's cool he's on the phone telling someone --

"este imbécil no cortará mi llave"

i interrupt his phone call with "eres bueno, cuantos llaves necessita? "

the expression on his face was priceless.
Did he apologize? Or just get quiet?

My Spanish comes back to me after about a day in a Spanish-speaking country. I can get by and not be a fool. Otherwise, it’s junk.

My mom's family is from Puerto Rico. My grandmother moved from there when she was 18. She never taught my mom Spanish, so i don't speak it either. But the 3 times i've gone to Mexico on cruises, while we are at port and I go into town, the people working at all the shops start off speaking to me in Spanish, just assuming i speak it. So i guess my situation is the opposite.

If all I ever need is to ask where the bathroom is I’m good

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom