Hubble stay of execution (1 Viewer)

BullDawg

Gone but will never forgotten. R.I.P. Nate
Reaction score
NASA Says Hubble Repair Mission Is a Go
By MIKE SCHNEIDER
Associated Press Writer
<!-- BEGIN MEDIA BOX NUMBER 1 --> <table class="ap-story-table" align="right" cellpadding="0" cellspacing="0" width="180"> <!-- BEGIN MEDIABOX 10569740 --> <!-- $Id: MediaBox.java,v 1.12.2.1 2006/10/16 21:48:43 sreseigh Exp $ --> <tbody><tr class="ap-mediabox-tr"> <!-- BEGIN MEDIABOX LEFT SIDE SPACER --> <td class="ap-mediabox-td">
</td> <!-- BOX_BOTTOM MEDIABOX LEFT SIDE SPACER --> <td class="ap-mediabox-td">
</td> <!-- BEGIN MEDIABOX RIGHT SIDE SPACER --> <td class="ap-mediabox-td">
</td> <!-- BOX_BOTTOM MEDIABOX RIGHT SIDE SPACER --> </tr> <!-- BOX_BOTTOM MEDIABOX 10569740 --> </tbody></table> <!-- END MEDIA BOX NUMBER 1 --> CAPE CANAVERAL, Fla. (AP) -- NASA Administrator Michael Griffin on Tuesday approved sending a space shuttle to repair the 16-year-old Hubble Space Telescope, reversing his predecessor's contentious decision to nix the mission.

<<< MORE >>>

jpcdolphan

Reaction score
I'm glad. The HST has given us some cool pics!

Who would have thought back in the beginning that the fate of the HST would have caused such an uproar? Remember back when it was first deployed and the mirrors were incorrectly measured so that the pictures it took weren't even as good as the ground based scopes and people were all over NASA for wasting all of that money?

The HST made a big time comeback.

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
Me too. Hubble has changed so much of we thought we knew about the universe. There's still so much out there to explore.

I just hope the Space Shuttle doesn't have any major glitches/catastrophies that would cause the repair mission to get scrubbed.

DadsDream

Dreaming of a SAINTS Super Bowl!
Reaction score
I remember seeing a PBS show on the building and launch of the HST.

The guys doing the polishing were so proud of their work...so precise...no room for error.

Man, I felt so bad for them when the pics came back out of focus. But, when the first pics came back after the fix - WOW! Worth the wait.

Big_L

Team Big Pimpin'
Reaction score
Wow an actual good move by the current administration. I thought Dubya was scrapping the whole Hubble thing and letting is collide with Earth? Well, if we just start emphasizing science and math is our schools, I will be able to visit outer space before I die.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Andrus No tailgating: Saints fans asked to take one for the team and stay home SR News Page Articles 0

Headlines

Top Bottom