Huckster wins W. Virginia (1 Viewer)

I would think that this is a blow to Romney. This was a "convention" rather than a primary, so this would have been a conservative block of voters. I would guess that this is a good indication that the conservative vote is going to be split by Romney and Huckaby. Bodes well for McCain.

West Virginia...:yawn:. However, if he wins NJ; please wake me up. :D

Mike Hucakabee and John McCain are Rush Limbaugh's worst nightmare. And I say GOOD...I know many Dittoheads (and many years ago I would have considered myself one) who are dreading the McCain nomination. From my perspective McCain getting the nomination would be Great News....these people (many are my friends) have to start thinking for themselves and quit letting the Conservative talking heads tell them how to think, what to think and who to support.

Did McCain's supporters throw their vote to Huckabee to deny Romney the win? That's good stuff. What office awaits Huckabee for doing this yeoman's duty? I've never seen anything like this since the Louisiana gubernatorial races.

Did McCain's supporters throw their vote to Huckabee to deny Romney the win? That's good stuff. What office awaits Huckabee for doing this yeoman's duty? I've never seen anything like this since the Louisiana gubernatorial races.

That appears to be the case. Romney was in the lead, but didn't have enough for a majority. On the second vote, the McCain people jumped to Huckabee.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/02/05/super.main/index.html

I would think that this is a blow to Romney. This was a "convention" rather than a primary, so this would have been a conservative block of voters. I would guess that this is a good indication that the conservative vote is going to be split by Romney and Huckaby. Bodes well for McCain.

percisely.

Republicans are stupid. They are just handing the Whitehouse to the democartic party.

West Virginia...:yawn:. However, if he wins NJ; please wake me up. :D

Mike Hucakabee and John McCain are Rush Limbaugh's worst nightmare. And I say GOOD...I know many Dittoheads (and many years ago I would have considered myself one) who are dreading the McCain nomination. From my perspective McCain getting the nomination would be Great News....these people (many are my friends) have to start thinking for themselves and quit letting the Conservative talking heads tell them how to think, what to think and who to support.

McCain is George Bush without the tax cuts. No thank you. I see no reason to abandon fiscal conservative just because the Republican Party has.

percisely.

Republicans are stupid. They are just handing the Whitehouse to the democartic party.

With no "good" conservative from which to choose, and Thompson acting in a diffident manner, McCain used his "base" to build a lead. At some point, Huckabee mind-melded to McCain to weaken Richie Rich, who has a face uncreased by worry. McCain, under these circumstances, wins the nomination, and Huckabee gets a job. I think Florida's governor Crist would be a better fit. Many Republicans would sit home or vote against a McCain-Huckabee ticket out of spite.

With no "good" conservative from which to choose, and Thompson acting in a diffident manner, McCain used his "base" to build a lead. At some point, Huckabee mind-melded to McCain to weaken Richie Rich, who has a face uncreased by worry. McCain, under these circumstances, wins the nomination, and Huckabee gets a job. I think Florida's governor Crist would be a better fit. Many Republicans would sit home or vote against a McCain-Huckabee ticket out of spite.

I'll vote libertarian. Heck Romny is practically a libertairan anyways with his fiscal conservatism and moderate social stance.

I think a McCain/Guliani ticket is more realistic. Huckabee probably wants a cabinate position.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom