HUM's new album out! (1 Viewer)

nolaspe

Slava Ukraini!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I'm celebrating HUM's new album Inlet. It's been 22 yrs and I'm several songs in and loving it...

lol. why bother? they had one song. it wasn't even listenable.
I disagree. I liked that album and think they were seriously underappreciated. I liked the album from 1998 as well. Didn't know they had one in 2000 after which they disbanded until now. I'll gladly give this a listen.

Speaking of Stars, there's a band by that name that you'd probably like. My favorite album of theirs is Set Yourself on Fire. They're Canadian.

lol. why bother? they had one song. it wasn't even listenable.

I disagree. I really liked both Stars and I hate it too. Some of the rest were listenable but those are the two that made playlists for me.

and I don't like to start rumors but I heard that I was completely FUBAR during that listening era so its possible I would not even recognize any of the songs now.

Love it - been listening the last few days on repeat!

For the uninitiated, Hum has a bit of a cult-ish following who appreciated their music on a much higher level than "one hit wonder" status (myself being one of that cult for sure) - it's so cool that they finally released something - it's been 22 years, and it's a great record.

Meh, better than some of the other late 90's-early 2000's stuff like Limp Bizkit and Linkin Park, but not as good as VAST or Stabbing Westward. JMHO, FWIW

Different strokes and all of that. I have liked various genres over the years to varying degrees and I don't think this would have made my list at any time. I listened to the first two of the "better songs" playlist and it's a hard no for me. Now get off my lawn.

I'm celebrating HUM's new album Inlet. It's been 22 yrs and I'm several songs in and loving it...
I've had this album for a while but listening to it on vinyl for the first time in a while and yeah.. it's really good stuff. I think their drummer has passed away in the time since you first created this thread?

I've had this album for a while but listening to it on vinyl for the first time in a while and yeah.. it's really good stuff. I think their drummer has passed away in the time since you first created this thread?
Yeah, the drummer died in 2021 at the age of 52...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom