Hunting Video Games (1 Viewer)

Vibe Merchant

Calm Like A Bomb
Reaction score
I have spent the past month trying to find a decent hunting game out there. Either xbox 360 or PC based. I have concluded that many of these game manufactures are terrible at making games that are actually good when it comes to hunting type games. I always felt that a PC hunting game would be more likely to find and also be more realistic. I couldn't find a PC hunting game at 3 best buys. After looking all over I just decided to buy Cabela's Dangerous Hunts 2009 for xbox 360 after downloading and playing the demo for Cambela's Big Game Hunter 2010 and thinking it was an alright looking game that might satisfy my need right now for a good hunting game. Dangerous Hunts was just terrible when it came to actually hunting something. It more often rushed you to kill the specified animal instead of being silent and setting up a stand or something. Big Game Hunter 2010 looks simular as well.
Now, the only game I could find that would ultimately keep me entertained for hours is this "indie" type game that is available for free download called The Hunter. It makes me mad that someone can have this extremely realistic and extremely good game out there for free and you can't buy something like this game The Hunter. Thing that sucks about it is that I use a laptop and The Hunter will not support my Intel Pentium.
I guess I am ranting because I have just been looking for a video game fix. I have become so bored with the games I have on Xbox and PC.
<object width="560" height="340">

<embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/jeZ6ycQhfZs&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="560" height="340"></object>

It makes me mad that someone can have this extremely realistic and extremely good game out there for free and you can't buy something like this game The Hunter.

I'll let you pay me for it, if you will make you feel better. I take paypal.

I've never really played hunting games on pc or console, but after watching The Hunter video, along with watching the videos of the other games at the bottom, I have to agree with you on the comparisons.

Maybe the problem is that actual hunting is really, really boring. Therefore, even if they make a game exactly like real hunting, it's going to suck. The only advantage I see to a hunting video game is that you don't have to get up early to do it.

Video games are all about non-stop action, if they were not people would get bored with them very quickly.

Everything is there to make a really good hunting game, but the profitability is just not there.

I've played a few of these games on PC and I liked them, but most of the time I spend riding around on a 4-wheeler and shooting everything in site. I don't see a lot of people willing to sit and stair at there TV waiting for something to walk onto the screen.

Video games are all about non-stop action, if they were not people would get bored with them very quickly.

Everything is there to make a really good hunting game, but the profitability is just not there.

I've played a few of these games on PC and I liked them, but most of the time I spend riding around on a 4-wheeler and shooting everything in site. I don't see a lot of people willing to sit and stair at there TV waiting for something to walk onto the screen.
I understand, but not ONE true hunting game? I think there is a market out there for it. The action is also in the stalk. I'm not wanting a 2 hour plus wait like in real life.
Find cover, set up stand/blind, lure the animal within shooting range, try an amazing long distance shot that follows the bullet from the rifle to the animal.
Thats a nice game that I would pay 30 dollars for(same as the cabela's games).

I can agree with you there. You would think that someone would go out on a limb and put out a decent game like this, there have been much worst games released in the past.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom