Hurricane forecasts. (1 Viewer)

IntenseSaint

Powhatan Power
Reaction score
Every year Colorado State University's Department of Atmospheric Science puts out their forecast for tropical storm activity for the Atlantic/Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico regions.

Here is the most recent one:http://typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu/forecasts/2009/aug2009/aug2009.pdf

What really annoys me is how they keep revising their 'predictions'(and I uses this term loosely). At what point do these soothsayer's predictions become documented fact instead of a forecast.

I believe it was in 2007 where they actually had put out a revision to their forecast for the year in late October. The season is damn near over and they are still revising their predictions.

I wonder if I can call my bookie and make bets on Football games at the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter?

Every year Colorado State University's Department of Atmospheric Science puts out their forecast for tropical storm activity for the Atlantic/Caribbean/Gulf of Mexico regions.

Here is the most recent one:http://typhoon.atmos.colostate.edu/forecasts/2009/aug2009/aug2009.pdf

What really annoys me is how they keep revising their 'predictions'(and I uses this term loosely). At what point do these soothsayer's predictions become documented fact instead of a forecast.

I believe it was in 2007 where they actually had put out a revision to their forecast for the year in late October. The season is damn near over and they are still revising their predictions.

I wonder if I can call my bookie and make bets on Football games at the 2 minute warning in the 4th quarter?

ahhh ...the joy of being a meterologist. The only profession that I can think of that you could be wrong 100% of the time and still get a paycheck.

ahhh ...the joy of being a meterologist. The only profession that I can think of that you could be wrong 100% of the time and still get a paycheck.
I told that to Bob Breck at a bar in Metry once, he obviously heard it before, and he didn't like it very much...:hihi:

Last edited:
I just called my bookie to place a bet on over for the Saints wins on the season, however, I did inform him that I will be calling mid-season to revise my bet.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom