Hurricane Ian @ Tampa (1 Viewer)

It's rare that a hurricane turns like that to approach Tampa Bay. But it's not a direct hit as it will come in at an angle along the coast. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. It would seem it could weaken the strong side of the saw blade passing over land as it approaches TB.

I echo the well wishes of the OP. Please take precautions. Good luck and may the damages be minimal.

It's rare that a hurricane turns like that to approach Tampa Bay. But it's not a direct hit as it will come in at an angle along the coast. I don't know if that's a good thing or not. It would seem it could weaken the strong side of the saw blade passing over land as it approaches TB.

I echo the well wishes of the OP. Please take precautions. Good luck and may the damages be minimal.
Worst case is a near miss just to the left. Ian is supposed to die down a bit before landfall, but as we've seen with Katrina and a few other huge storms, the winds can die down, but the storm surge is still cat4.

The shape of the bay is what will make it so bad with a near miss west. All that water pushed into the bay with nowhere to go but into the surrounding cities.

On the flip side, if it's a near miss on the east side (south actually), the bay might be emptied. It's happened before in other similar geographics.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom