Hurricane Season 2021 (1 Viewer)

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
TS Danny made landfall on Hilton Head SC Monday. This was the 4th named storm and we are still in June. I'm afraid it's going to be a long year.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
TS Danny made landfall on Hilton Head SC Monday. This was the 4th named storm and we are still in June. I'm afraid it's going to be a long year.
That one out in the Atlantic looks like July will be kicking off in prime fashion. Ugh. Second cone for Louisiana coming up? It's too early for such a thing.

perret318

Runnin like a road lizard
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Really not liking the models for 97L. Sure, it's still pretty far out as far as model predictions go, but there's not a lot standing in its way from the Caribbean to the Gulf.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    183 KB · Views: 15

Complex Kid

Most things I worry about Never happen anyway
Reaction score

My bad guys. They just finished putting in the drywall at my house (2nd time in 4 month-ish?). So obviously this is my fault.

giphy.gif

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
97L,.now potential TD 5 is one worth watching.......

Trade winds are kicking.

Lots of spread on day 5 around the greater Antilles. I'd say Sunday we will know where it's going.

OP
bonnjer

bonnjer

Let the Wins Count begin!
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anything in its way? Winds, a front, dry air, lack of warm water? Early July storms aren't usually something to worry about it, but we also don't usually get waves coming off Africa making the trek across the ocean at this time of year.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Is there anything in its way? Winds, a front, dry air, lack of warm water? Early July storms aren't usually something to worry about it, but we also don't usually get waves coming off Africa making the trek across the ocean at this time of year.

Don't know about this storm, but I think we're entering a new era of climate dynamics - past performance may not be indicative of future results.

faceman

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I'm still exhausted from last hurricane season and here we are knocking down E names to start July.
Tighten your belt and buckle up your boot straps. I hate to say this,but I have a feeling you are in for another long season. We have a Cape Verde long tracker in June for Gods sake

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
Don't know about this storm, but I think we're entering a new era of climate dynamics - past performance may not be indicative of future results.
And that doesn't put meteorologists, NHC tropical storm forecasters, analysts in a very good, comfortable position to be sort of being put in a clueless situation where their going to get nailed and hammered, publicly, by millions of Americans living along the Gulf and East Coast states who are getting a bit forking fed up with all the intense historionics, melodrama, and fear-mongering Weather Channel types do on a yearly basis.

Shall I repeat to you how much I hate and despise that egotistical, shallow, prick Jim Cantore and his "weekend Marine warrior" BS shtick he does every summer pretending to care for people who might lose their homes, cars, personal happiness and collective security while his smug arse can hop on an WC company plane and fly back to Atlanta once the terrible, "shock value", news worthiness of the damage the Cat 3-5 hurricanes cause have worn off.

Saintman2884

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
PTighten your belt and buckle up your boot straps. I hate to say this,but I have a feeling you are in for another long season. We have a Cape Verde long tracker in June for Gods sake

Tighten your belt and buckle up your boot straps. I hate to say this,but I have a feeling you are in for another long season. We have a Cape Verde long tracker in June for Gods sake
I looked and examined most of the 5-7 day forecast models and certainly a lot can happen in the next few days or so, but most of the models eventually all concur TS Elsa takes a gradual sharp turn to the north in and around Hispaniola. When all the models show such unanimous certainty so far out that their pretty sure, its going to turn NW or NNW, its very possible Miami or South Beach gets this or it barely skirts by, or it goes somewhere in-between Miami and Tampa by late next Tuesday/Wednesday morning or afternoon.

superchuck500

tiny changes
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Diamond VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Why she gotta be Elsa?

Next year they gonna have Hurricane Elmo?

Saint_Ward

Don't be a Jerk.
Staff member
Administrator
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I looked and examined most of the 5-7 day forecast models and certainly a lot can happen in the next few days or so, but most of the models eventually all concur TS Elsa takes a gradual sharp turn to the north in and around Hispaniola. When all the models show such unanimous certainty so far out that their pretty sure, its going to turn NW or NNW, its very possible Miami or South Beach gets this or it barely skirts by, or it goes somewhere in-between Miami and Tampa by late next Tuesday/Wednesday morning or afternoon.
The GFS alone has a major spread. The question will be how strong/organized is it around Hispaniola. It will either curve north ish, or keep drifting NW. The nominal (black line) is really between what seems to be a bimodal solution. (Maybe even tri modal)

Honestly, that means the track isn't great past the greater Antilles.

Screenshot_20210701-075519_Samsung Internet.jpg

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

New Orleans Saints Twitter Feed

Headlines

Top Bottom