Hurricane Season 2021 (1 Viewer)

That shear is usually not present in the peak of the season. That's what the met was referring to
Got ya. Yeah, place August SST's and low shear with moisture content currently in the Eastern Tropics and Claudette could have been a massive system.

Another concerning factor. Low pressure waves are rolling off the coast of Africa and holding together. That's usually something you don't see till late July and August. It's still too early for them to threaten the U.S. coast, but this bears watching

try for year to date. We are pushing the rainiest season on record.

we have had over 35 inches of rain for March, April and May and i think that is no 1 or 2 all time - and that number was as of mid may iirc.

we have to be over that for the whole of May and the record was 36 inches of rain.
Last I had heard for May was "only" like top 5 (was May 1995 and that year's flood one of the worst?). But I haven't heard the official updated for May. But I wouldn't be surprised if we're at new records for both months. At least it sure seems like it.

Now, here's a thing. My only experience with hurricanes prior to moving down here was Agnes in '72. I never even thought about which month it was being an "A" storm.

Last edited:
Another concerning factor. Low pressure waves are rolling off the coast of Africa and holding together. That's usually something you don't see till late July and August. It's still too early for them to threaten the U.S. coast, but this bears watching

Attachments

• K74EHT3.png
    K74EHT3.png
    45.1 KB · Views: 16
Last edited:
TS Danny made landfall on Hilton Head SC Monday. This was the 4th named storm and we are still in June. I'm afraid it's going to be a long year.

TS Danny made landfall on Hilton Head SC Monday. This was the 4th named storm and we are still in June. I'm afraid it's going to be a long year.
That one out in the Atlantic looks like July will be kicking off in prime fashion. Ugh. Second cone for Louisiana coming up? It's too early for such a thing.

Really not liking the models for 97L. Sure, it's still pretty far out as far as model predictions go, but there's not a lot standing in its way from the Caribbean to the Gulf.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-30 at 10.10.51 AM.png
    183 KB · Views: 15

My bad guys. They just finished putting in the drywall at my house (2nd time in 4 month-ish?). So obviously this is my fault.

giphy.gif

97L,.now potential TD 5 is one worth watching.......

Trade winds are kicking.

Lots of spread on day 5 around the greater Antilles. I'd say Sunday we will know where it's going.

Is there anything in its way? Winds, a front, dry air, lack of warm water? Early July storms aren't usually something to worry about it, but we also don't usually get waves coming off Africa making the trek across the ocean at this time of year.

Is there anything in its way? Winds, a front, dry air, lack of warm water? Early July storms aren't usually something to worry about it, but we also don't usually get waves coming off Africa making the trek across the ocean at this time of year.

Don't know about this storm, but I think we're entering a new era of climate dynamics - past performance may not be indicative of future results.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom