Huuuumm....Mike Thomas no more Instagram account. (1 Viewer)

If a person wanted to take a social media break for awhile why would they have to delete their instagram or Twitter account?

Why not just not take a break and not go there for X number of days/weeks?

That is what I think. It is weird. But I get neg repped for saying it is weird. How about; odd? Some people...?

If someone takes all their team related things from their Twitter or Instagram, that might be something. Deleting an account isn't really worthy of much note.
I guess not being one of these social media type experts like so many on this board, it is really nothing of note. I initially thought it was weird for some high profile figure to just delete a personal social media account all of a sudden. Guess not.

Pardon my ignorance or not informed on the matter but why is that weird?

People act like social media is a source of life's blood. I don't get it.

My kids have tried countless times to get me on social media saying that it is another way to communicate and while that may be true it's also another way for everyone to know your business. I tell them if they need to communicate with me that badly then dial my number. I get very annoyed when people start blowing me up with text messaging. If you need to text me more than once or twice.............................again....................................dial my number.

Maybe Thomas is just tired of putting so much of himself "out there" for everyone to know and scrutinize.

Maybe I'm a dinosaur but I just don't get it.
I think you summed it up pretty well with all the “maybe’s”. Maybe it is weird? ?

I don't mess with my social media accounts much. I haven't touched twitter in a couple of years and FB in a few months. It's just never been a high priority for me. SR is about as close to social media as I get these days. Maybe a little LinkedIn for job opportunities. That's about it.

No offense at all, but I dont care

TBH

I think the world would be a better place without Facebook, Instagram, Tik Tok etc.

People seriously value their life off of how many followers they have. It's crazy to me.

I'm thinking the OP had no clue that this "news item" would fall as flat as it did.

I don’t have Instagram or Twitter but would it be easier to purge your account if you close it down every year to do maintenance on what you want put on it. Imagine not cleaning your house in 5 years then you decide to give it a go.

Good, just shut up and play ball. Too many players out there talk $%T$@ and then don't back it up on the field. Growing up my coaches would have sat our butts on the bench if we talked trash the way some players do. MT is good enough to let his play do all the talking he needs.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom