Hypo.. IF we did trade BUSH would would you want?? (1 Viewer)

Put me down for the Raiders for their 2nd. Reggie is great but his injuries seem to be chronic if we can't get a high 2 for him I would rather keep Reggie. If Reggie has a good year and we win the Superbowl maybe Al would give up his number 1 for Reggie and something extra.

Then we could take Sugh or Mccoy in the top 5.

im with u i didnt know teams gang up on selvie like that,but to get selvie wouldnt we have to grant or something like that? but i think spikes can play slb and keep shanle at wlb or get spoon to play wlb and move shanle to slb because fujita is fa im not sure if they would sign him back and as far as cody im praying we can get vince wilfork in free agency then we wouldnt need cody

idk what can be done with will smith and grant but if i had to keep one it would definetly be grant though i think that we could dispense with bush, smith, and grant and still be in pretty good shape as an organization.

when i look at 1st rounders i think first "can we get an elite talent who also is a great football player."

spikes could likely play SLB as well as brian cushing the 15th (or so) overall pick in the draft this year if not better. he and Sergio kindle look to really fight it out there for top position and while they are both worthy of a top 20 pick. spikes could definitely replace fujita next year. wilfork would be a great addition as would Thomas howard at weakside(oak LB) or Derrick Johnson(K C) at strong.

vilma, johnson, and howard would be incredible. i'd gladly trade smith and grant for johnson and howard.

i just dont see any elite speed rushers available next year in free agency like george selvie.
http://www.kffl.com/static/nfl/features/freeagents/fa.php?option=DL&y=2010

The only reason to trade a player like Bush is when he doesn't make you money. Bush sells the Saints, sells this team and has massive national appeal so from a business sense there is a whole other level of consideration for off the field reasons. If just looking at team needs and assuming we would still have Thomas and Bell, ideally I would want a player like Dwight Freeny or Osi. But that would never happen.

The other thought process is that Bush is in the perfect offense for his skill sets and the team and Bush both mutually benefit from that. I can't see when Bush hits free agency some one wanting him to be their every down back, but look at players like Darren Sproles and Leon Washington and you will get a gauge for the market value of Bush.

trading Reggie Bush would be a huge mistake. i really still beleive hes gonna find his way in the nfl. if we do trade him we wouldnt get back anything higher than a third rounder. no way to rationalize trading reggie

High second round pick and a starting defensive player.

I'd be ok with that. I think highly of reggie, but if we can get an impact defensive player of equal value, i think the offense would still be effective without him.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom