Hypothesis....your thoughts? (1 Viewer)

SaintsDrunkard

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
We went away from what was working on offense...because we tried to get the ball to Cooks after he complained....and instead ignored Thomas...who is the "straw that stirs the drink."

This is the biggest problem with the saints the last few years, IMHO. We know of the locker room problems, but the dominating narrative this week was of Cooks complaining, whining and moaning about not getting the ball...a prima donna.

Did our desire to appease the diva receiver (who isn't a complete, game changing receiver) cause our offensive woes today?

They were just really good in coverage.

Slay is a top CB and covered Thomas really well.

Yeah... Slay took Thomas away and Quin clogged up the middle.

They were just really good in coverage.

Slay is a top CB and covered Thomas really well.

Slay is not even close to a top CB, Brees missed him wide open deep twice, at least one would've been a TD. We had him beat, we just missed out on the opportunity.

I blame Detroit.

*They have a HOF QB, which our DB's always fare badly against.
*Their WR's were amazing.
*They made us defend the run.
*Their ST played great.

Cooks complained abt no targets in the last game and a bunch of you want to get rid of him. Rediculous! Brees had a bad game; our O-line is banged up and our D has some deficiencies. That is why we lost. We have a lot of needs; let's not jettison good players.

I don't know why some of you are so openly hostile at the suggestion. Regardless of whether it was just a natural part of this weeks game plan, or it was Payton trying to appease a player's gripe, it's precisely why Brandin Cooks should have kept his trap shut - just to avoid the speculation. It's a distraction that will certainly continue this week, in light of the nature of this loss and his targets, when the team could least afford it.

I, for one, would have liked have seen him benched for the first series. At least the message would have been sent that the public grievances were out of line. Some would have been far less likely to even question his targets in the game thereafter, so long as he was made to pay even marginally for the needless disruption. He's a good player, and as asset to the offense, but he is no Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss.

What Cooks did might have been understandable if we weren't one of the top offenses in football. You'd think he played for the Rams, not getting targeted, and they were only manufacturing 10 points a game.

I don't know why some of you are so openly hostile at the suggestion. Regardless of whether it was just a natural part of this weeks game plan, or it was Payton trying to appease a player's gripe, it's precisely why Brandin Cooks should have kept his trap shut - just to avoid the speculation. It's a distraction that will certainly continue this week, in light of the nature of this loss and his targets, when the team could least afford it.

I, for one, would have liked have seen him benched for the first series. At least the message would have been sent that the public grievances were out of line. Some would have been far less likely to even question his targets in the game thereafter, so long as he was made to pay even marginally for the needless disruption. He's a good player, and as asset to the offense, but he is no Calvin Johnson, Jerry Rice, or Randy Moss.

What Cooks did would might if we weren't one of the top offenses in football. You'd think he played for the Rams, not getting targeted, and they were only manufacturing 10 points a game.
I don't believe that he was on the field in the first series.

And it's not being opposed to the idea. It's just that the idea a dumb one.

Thomas was wide open on the 1st deep pass to cooks. And the second deep pass to cooks was under thrown bad. Neither were his fault. He wanted the ball. As well he should.

100% this was on Cooks today for whinging like a you know what.

he totally disrupted the team chemistry today, and it was in CSP and Drew's head.

he hurt the team by being a diva, and deserves to be dumped into the dog house

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom