Hypothetical Saints - Cowboys Trade Scenario (1 Viewer)

CajunSaint66

You Know My Name!!!!
Reaction score
(1) The Saints trade Picks #10 & #40 (1300 + 520 = 1820) to the Cowboys.

(2) The Cowboys give us Picks #22, #28, & #61 (850 + 700 + 310 = 1860).

The Saints pick at #22 and have the option of picking at #28 or trading out of the 1st round.

What do you think?

After the way we got screwed by the Cowboys in 1990 and my personal disdain for their owner, I would not give that team in Dallas our water boy much less any draft picks. Jones is a past master of playing a screw job game and giving us a wealth of bad deals historically.

So to answer your question No. I just do not trust Dallas or their owner. Their sneaky and they will find a way to screw us because its happened before. Maybe its irrational hatred but Its a mistrust that is well grounded and well researched

Not happening. I don't think they've really got much need to trade up to 10. McFadden will be long gone, and if they stay where they are they can sit back and make two very solid picks (like Felix Jones and Kenny Phillips) later in the first round that will do more for the team than one player they'd get at 10.

If we throw in another face lift for Jerry, can we get their 4th also?

The only way Jerry Jones trades up with us is if McFadden is still on the board. If that's the case, I'd demand their 2 first rounders for our #10 straight up. That isn't equitable, it's skewed a good bit in our favour (#10=1,300; #22 and #28=1,440). If he wants Run-DMF that badly, then let him get the short end of the stick for a change. If that's the trade and Dorsey/Ellis are gone, I'll take it in a heartbeat. Otherwise, Jerry can beat his brains out while we trade with someone else who wants McFadden. :ezbill:

However, this isn't going to happen. If McFadden lasts past the Raiduhs, Jerry will probably be phoning every team from that point forward trying to trade up for him, if he hasn't already called the teams ahead of the Raiduhs trying to trade up in front of them. Somebody will take him up on it - and hopefully lambaste him in the process.

(1) The Saints trade Picks #10 & #40 (1300 + 520 = 1820) to the Cowboys.

(2) The Cowboys give us Picks #22, #28, & #61 (850 + 700 + 310 = 1860).

The Saints pick at #22 and have the option of picking at #28 or trading out of the 1st round.

What do you think?

I'm thinking WHY?

I believe I saw on NFL Network an apparent fact in that since the Jerry Jones Era, the Cowgirls have not drafted any players from McFadden's school. I'm drunk and don't remember the name of the school :0034::hihi:

Last edited:
again : why should we bleed as a downtrader ?
that is not how it works .... why give our #40 ? makes no sense , the boys want to number 10 , we dont want to numbers 22 and 28 so hard. the drop off in value and talent is huge

they dont get somebody that special that they cant get with their later 2 pics.

personally the only people i would trade down with are the eagles with Lito in on the deal we need a CB and i dont think any this draft are going to be great CB like Lito their rookie season

not a bad idea ... i'd be in favor of at least researching the saints BPA board at those new spots because i still feel if we stay @ 10 will be reaching if we select a CB or LB (not much for Rivers though).

umm, hell yeah. except just straight up first rounders. let me put it this way - would you rather keith rivers, or jerod mayo and kenny phillips.

umm, hell yeah. except just straight up first rounders. let me put it this way - would you rather keith rivers, or jerod mayo and kenny phillips.

Phillips doesn't get past the redskins, so we aren't getting him either way. But it would be nice.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom