Hypothetical scenario future QB (1 Viewer)

saveFerris9

" Still Shaking it boss "
Reaction score
It would be amazing if things worked out this year and we could Draft a Joe Burrow or Tua but its not likely . So just a thought on a possible yet hypothetical scenario to get our long term answer for life after Drew Brees . I would first say i do like Taysom Hill and Teddy B . I just feel like Brees will return and rightfully so . If he does , my scenario could work . Now if we place a 1st round tender on Taysom Hill . A team between 15 and 25 in round 1 signs him . We don't match the offer we get a second 1st rounder . Now yea you inquire on if you can make a trade to move to number 1 but for this scenario we cant do it . Most draft years there is a team that try's moving up or back into round one . Say a team that is more than likely going to be picking at the top end of the 2021 draft makes a trade, giving us 2021 1st for one of the 2020 1st we would have in this draft . We then can make a play for Trevor Lawrence in 2021 . Because this scenario we would have 2 first next year with a possible very high pick from the trade , get lucky might be the the first overall .

if SP thinks Hill is the future then we will match anything but a ridiculous offer for Hill.

TH is an unknown quantity for most coaches. They know all the things we get out of him but nobody is going to use a first rounder for him for the Swiss army role. They would have to have seen enough to give him a major contract as a franchise QB. It’s just not likely that a team is going to take that chance IMO

I could see us putting a 2nd round tender on him and a team like New England taking a chance, giving us a late 2nd in the 58-64 range

if SP thinks Hill is the future then we will match anything but a ridiculous offer for Hill.

TH is an unknown quantity for most coaches. They know all the things we get out of him but nobody is going to use a first rounder for him for the Swiss army role. They would have to have seen enough to give him a major contract as a franchise QB. It’s just not likely that a team is going to take that chance IMO

Apparently the Anti Hill contingent does not like Peter King but this was his take.

"Assuming Hill is going to be a good to very good NFL starter when Brees leaves is a gigantic leap of faith and could be way wrong. But the other day I put on the Chargers-Saints preseason game from last August on NFL GamePass and saw Hill, in 32 minutes, complete 11-of-15 and lead the Saints back from a 17-3 deficit to win. It’s preseason, and who cares. But before you say Hill can’t play, or before you say Hill is a fools-gold Tebow II, watch some of the plays Hill made. “Taysom Hill, I take my hat off to him,” Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said that day. “He’s a heck of a player.” Moreover, Payton thinks Hill can do it. He’s seen him every day for almost three years. Wouldn’t he know better than those on the outside?"

The last sentence has always been the key for me yet a lot of
people on here who have followed the Saints longer than I have claim Payton is just talking up Taysom to score a draft pick.

When Jay Glazer confirmed Payton's thinking on Tayson, that should have been the turning point for most of you. I really think the evidence is piling up that Brees is going to coach Taysom to be his replacement.

Meh, there has been no evidence at this point, only speculation. We'll know who's right in a couple of months.
Apparently the Anti Hill contingent does not like Peter King but this was his take.

"Assuming Hill is going to be a good to very good NFL starter when Brees leaves is a gigantic leap of faith and could be way wrong. But the other day I put on the Chargers-Saints preseason game from last August on NFL GamePass and saw Hill, in 32 minutes, complete 11-of-15 and lead the Saints back from a 17-3 deficit to win. It’s preseason, and who cares. But before you say Hill can’t play, or before you say Hill is a fools-gold Tebow II, watch some of the plays Hill made. “Taysom Hill, I take my hat off to him,” Chargers coach Anthony Lynn said that day. “He’s a heck of a player.” Moreover, Payton thinks Hill can do it. He’s seen him every day for almost three years. Wouldn’t he know better than those on the outside?"

people on here who have followed the Saints longer than I have claim Payton is just talking up Taysom to score a draft pick.

When Jay Glazer confirmed Payton's thinking on Tayson, that should have been the turning point for most of you. I really think the evidence is piling up that Brees is going to coach Taysom to be his replacement.

You can never blindly trust something a head coach says about a player. They’d never say anything negative.

You can never blindly trust something a head coach says about a player. They’d never say anything negative.

I'm not really trusting Payton am I? I'm trusting Jay Glazer's intuition and inside knowledge as a long time friend of Payton. I also don't think Payton would use Glazer nor would Glazer like being used to spread fake intel.

I'm not really trusting Payton am I? I'm trusting Jay Glazer's intuition and inside knowledge as a long time friend of Payton. I also don't think Payton would use Glazer nor would Glazer like being used to spread fake intel.

I saw the clip/interview you are speaking about. I had to rewind it and rewatch Glazer's facial expressions and delivery. ... and I went "damn, guess we aren't keeping Teddy".

Glazer's response was just speaking, stating facts, like he was surprised everyone didn't know this already. It was just so matter of factly delivered, there is not an iota of doubt that Glazer heard it from Payton, and Glazer completely believes it like he saw the forensic files proving it. Just that matter of factly. Couple that with the fact that Glazer is friends with CSP, and that Glazer is known for "quality not quantity" in the sports information industry. That was just the writing on the wall on the matter from my standpoint. Like..., "Welp, guess that's settled then, on to the draft."

Anyway it was a good little piece, and where I turned the corner on the TB vs TH quandary, because I felt that I might as well start getting used to it, whether I liked it or not.

Meh, there has been no evidence at this point, only speculation. We'll know who's right in a couple of months.

One piece of the puzzle fell into place today. Unless Teddy finds the FA well dry he won't be a Saint much longer. With Drew back, Taysom remains a big part of the offense that would be hard to replace if Payton really is only after another draft pick.

If Taysom is our #2 next year and Teddy does not come back, will that mean that Hill's Swiss Army Knife playing will be curtailed? I hope not. He's so freaking disruptive for defenses now that he is a pretty skilled receiver. Thx all

One piece of the puzzle fell into place today. Unless Teddy finds the FA well dry he won't be a Saint much longer. With Drew back, Taysom remains a big part of the offense that would be hard to replace if Payton really is only after another draft pick.
Drew coming back is not that big of a shock. Teddy needs to do what's best for him and his family. Taysom needs to decide if he's okay with 5 mil per year in his current role.

I like where you head's at. If we're going all in on a future QB I'd rather wait a year and go after Lawrence. It would interesting to see what SP could do with a QB with that much natural talent.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom