Hypothetical Trade (1 Viewer)

Too many here are Deuce homers (I love the guy, don't get me wrong). Fact: Deuce has NEVER been the NFL's #1 RB. Fact: Deuce isn't the centerpiece of our offense like an LT or Larry Johnson who gets the ball 30+ times a game. Fact: Champ has been the best CB in the NFL since his rookie year. Fact: Champ can shut down his side of the field in any game, with or without a pass rush as his stints with both WAS and DEN have shown. Fact: We have a stud RB right no behind Deuce who will only get better.

Too many here are Deuce homers (I love the guy, don't get me wrong). Fact: Deuce has NEVER been the NFL's #1 RB. Fact: Deuce isn't the centerpiece of our offense like an LT or Larry Johnson who gets the ball 30+ times a game. Fact: Champ has been the best CB in the NFL since his rookie year. Fact: Champ can shut down his side of the field in any game, with or without a pass rush as his stints with both WAS and DEN have shown. Fact: We have a stud RB right no behind Deuce who will only get better.

It is also a fact that the Redskins go after the league's best players and disappoint every year. There is something to be said for keeping your players who are already succesful in your system and are comfortable.

Champ would look like Craft if we don't get any pressure on the QB... I would however let Charles Grant go via free agency and go HARD after Dwight Freeney... that would make both McKenzie and Craft look like Champ. Can you imagin Will Smith on one side and Freeney on the other?

Dwight Freeney of 2.5 sacks? Dwight Freeney of 14 tackles? THAT Dwight Freeney? Color me unimpressed. Sorry, but Freeney is nothing but overrated. If he doesn't get to the QB, he doesn't have any effect.

Here's Freeney's career numbers:

73 games (5 seasons including '06), 162 tackles, 53.5 sacks (only 3 this year), 9 passes deflected, 24 forced fumbles.

That breaks down to 2.2 tackles per game and 0.73 sacks per game or 35.2 tackles per season, 11.68 sacks per season, 1.97 passes deflected per season, and 5.26 forced fumbles per season.

Here's Charles Grant's career numbers:

75 games (5 seasons including '06), 286 tackles, 35 sacks, 23 passes deflected, 15 forced fumbles, 1 INT.

That breaks down to 3.8 tackles per game and 0.47 sacks per game or 61 tackles per season, 7.5 sacks per season, 4.91 passes deflected per season, 3.2 forced fumbles per season.

While Freeney almost doubles Grant's sack numbers per season, Grant's tackle numbers nearly double Freeney's. Although Charles' sack total is lower partly because of last year's debacle, not to mention playing on a team that was continually behind as opposed to the Colts who are continually ahead, leading to more sack opportunities for Freeney. I"ll take a playmaker like Grant over a hyped-up Freeney anyday. Freeney can't do anything but chase QBs. If he doesn't get him, the defense is essentially short one player.

yeah, Champ shuts down half the field LOL, now that's pretty darn fast!!...you'd think the redskins might have better than the 27th pass defense if they have a guy who shuts down half the field..LOL..cb's are so overrated on this board it is laughable...I'm not saying he's not a star, but do you really think we can plug in stecker or bush and have won 7 games...no way...

Ummm, I agree that you've been smoking something potent. Deuce is the workhorse of the franchise. No way we ever let him suit up in another jersey. You cannot overstate a guy's impact in the locker room. Everybody loves him and by god he's a SAINT!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom