Hypothetical: Tua's Hip injury causes him to massively fall in the draft. Saints are on the clock with the 32nd pick and he's still on the board... (1 Viewer)

Would you draft Tua Tagovailoa?

• Yes

Votes: 108 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 36.1%

• Total voters
Tua reminds me so much of Titans QB....(yea forgot his name he’s sucha mediocre QB)

TUA will Bust or Be Mediocre
No comparison. Tua has mad skills at reading all of his options. 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Mariotta never had that going for him. Add in, Tua plays in the most competitive conference in the country, with more NFL talent in one year coming out, then the Crap 12 would have in 2-3 years. What else?

Would not draft him until last round. Too much risk in the 1st few rounds. Maybe 5th-6th. Just depends. Brees was a medical marvel.

No comparison. Tua has mad skills at reading all of his options. 2nd, 3rd, 4th. Mariotta never had that going for him. Add in, Tua plays in the most competitive conference in the country, with more NFL talent in one year coming out, then the Crap 12 would have in 2-3 years. What else?

I think you are probably right that Tua is more apt at reading defenses and his system is more pro-style. With that said, Mariotta was a very accurate college QB. My main issue with him was simple when he came out: he always seemed to be throwing to wide open guys, often on crossing routes.

I have some of that same worry with Tua. Burrow just looks like a guy throwing into NFL windows to me and Tua reminds me more of your typical spread QB.

Not sure how you open with this statement...
Dude, you’ve got a terrible eye ? for QB Talent/NFL Transition...

... then follow with this statement...

Tua throws to wide open receivers or luck arse bombs on a stacked Bama Team that RUNS to setup the Pass...
He’s at best a 1 or 2 read RPO QB

Tua does (or at least did) amazing QB stuff. I’m not saying he never has wide open receivers but he’s definitely made tons of tight window throws, and has consistently thrown his receivers to open spots. He clearly has the vision to be more than a 2 read guy.

Hurts is obviously a college QB IMO. He might be able to come in and do the Lamar Jackson thing for a little while, but no one stays in the NFL for long playing that way.

Fromm also just doesn't impress me. He has NFL backup written all over him. Weird thing is, I'm not a big Tua guy either. I've liked Herbert and Burrow more than him for a while.
I really don't trust 5th year Seniors and that includes Burrow. I rather be wrong than be a clown crowning a 5th year QB. And I say that as a Burrow fan and I love those late bloomer pick, but not in the top 10.

Fromm is such wasted potential in a bad offense. He's gonna come in the league super raw, undercook, and coddle. He seems more like a late round draft and stash to see if UGA didn't ruin him. Which i believe they did.

Fields is the QB prospect that I like the most

Ummm... His injury could be career ending.

Saban didn't ruin him. He just fragile and injury prone. The dude can barely play a full gane without getting injured. He's not built for the NFL.
You know who had 4 season ending injuries in college?
Taysom Hill. How’s that working out for him?

You know who had 4 season ending injuries in college?
Taysom Hill. How’s that working out for him?
Not really well if he wanted to be a franchise QB at the ripe old age of 29

Your plan of attack worked about as well as France in two World Wars.

Not really well if he wanted to be a franchise QB at the ripe old age of 29

Your plan of attack worked about as well as France in two World Wars.
Lol, he’s Mormon. He went on a mission so he missed 3 years.
My point is players can get hurt a bunch in college and be fine in the NFL.
Taysom has been hit more this year than most QBs in the NFL in 5 years.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom