Hypothetical: Tua's Hip injury causes him to massively fall in the draft. Saints are on the clock with the 32nd pick and he's still on the board... (1 Viewer)

Would you draft Tua Tagovailoa?

• Yes

Votes: 108 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 36.1%

• Total voters
I think you are probably right that Tua is more apt at reading defenses and his system is more pro-style. With that said, Mariotta was a very accurate college QB. My main issue with him was simple when he came out: he always seemed to be throwing to wide open guys, often on crossing routes.

I have some of that same worry with Tua. Burrow just looks like a guy throwing into NFL windows to me and Tua reminds me more of your typical spread QB.
This guy gets it!!!!!!!!

Would not draft him until last round. Too much risk in the 1st few rounds. Maybe 5th-6th. Just depends. Brees was a medical marvel.
Wow ?...Tua so great to you, but you wouldn’t draft him until last round...sheesh...smh

Burrow is money. I'd take him over Tua.

Calm and cool. Sees the field.

Tua is a stud. I have little doubt about his work ethic and ability to play in the NFL. I do question his injury history. At some point he’s worth it. Yes, the injury risk is there but I’d rather take the injury risk than the risk that a guy may just not be that good (see every QB other than Burrow and Tua).

I personally believe that Alabama did him a huge disservice...having him gimp out there three weeks after a questionable surgery...yuck.

The Saints are positioned really well for Tua. We have one of the very few RTs that would be elite LTs in the league, so his blindside would be defended. We’d need to get a better deep threat. It’s an interesting situation because he’s a guy who shouldn’t be available late that might slip.

If he comes out, Tua's almost certainly gonna fall w/an injury like that. But if he fell to 32, or in the 1ST RD wherever we're drafting, let's be real...YOU DRAFT HIM. And I'm not even a Tua fan. It's a matter of shear value at that point. The film doesnt lie. Sure, like the majority of the pure RPO style college QBs coming out, he as a low floor, but his ceiling is 100% worth a top 32 pick, if not top 10. If he's a miss, Tua's Mitch Trubisky, but if he hits, (in my opinion) he's an RPO version of Drew Brees. Tua makes crazy quick decisions, he's really accurate, and the dude is fearless and elusive vs pressure. Drew was pretty much the same guy in college. To me, Drew and Tua are very, VERY, similar QBs coming out of college. Payton and Co. were so hyped when Reggie fell to us in 06. I imagine they'd have the exact same feeling all over again if Tua was sitting there when we pick.

If he is still there at 32, we have to pick him. If he would have stayed in the pocket today which i think was the plan, that injury would not have happened. He is a good pocket passer and think he could transition to the NFL if healthy enough.

Ken Stabler, Boomer Esiason, Mark Brunell.
Now name 4 lefties that sucked.
To blackball Tua because he’s left handed is stupid. If he recovers completely from the injury he should be a great NFL QB. He was consensus number one before the season started.

How could you leave off Steve Young and Michael Vick?

:gosaints:

If the word is that Tua will make a full recovery, he won’t make it out the top 10 of the draft.

Despite the injury I say he winds up with Denver or the Chargers, unless he gets drafted earlier.

I am a Burrow fan and would absolutely love to see him be Drew's successor, but the only scenario of us drafting him would involve us trading a lot to move up if anyone would even trade out of #1.

With that said, I would draft Tua. It is nearly a perfect match. He is going to fall no matter how you look at it and he is going to need time to get healthy. That scenario matches with our timeline. I don't see Brees retiring after this year or even next season so Tua would have plenty of time to get healthy and learn the offense. Tua was pulled a lot in games due to the blowout scores so he doesn't have a lot of "miles" on his body, but he does have quite a few injuries. He could really benefit from a redshirt season or two and it would not be a rushed transition, it could be a well planned and smooth transition when the time comes.

I am a Burrow fan and would absolutely love to see him be Drew's successor, but the only scenario of us drafting him would involve us trading a lot to move up if anyone would even trade out of #1.

With that said, I would draft Tua. It is nearly a perfect match. He is going to fall no matter how you look at it and he is going to need time to get healthy. That scenario matches with our timeline. I don't see Brees retiring after this year or even next season so Tua would have plenty of time to get healthy and learn the offense. Tua was pulled a lot in games due to the blowout scores so he doesn't have a lot of "miles" on his body, but he does have quite a few injuries. He could really benefit from a redshirt season or two and it would not be a rushed transition, it could be a well planned and smooth transition when the time comes.

You can also use that take against him making the case that in only 1.5 years of College Football, while being pulled in many games, he’s now on his 3rd injury. If he hadn’t had the benefit of being on a great team that could pull him or playing behind one of the best OL’s in College Football, how many more injuries would he potentially have?

Let’s face it, if he goes early in the draft, he’s likely going to a team with a weak OL.

You can also use that take against him making the case that in only 1.5 years of College Football, while being pulled in many games, he’s now on his 3rd injury. If he hadn’t had the benefit of being on a great team that could pull him or playing behind one of the best OL’s in College Football, how many more injuries would he potentially have?

Let’s face it, if he goes early in the draft, he’s likely going to a team with a weak OL.

Agreed, but when a projected top 3 QB pick (Burrow/Herbert/Tua) suffers an injury and could available, you have to consider him as an option. Nobody knows how long Drew plans on playing, if Taysom is the in house successor or if SP has someone else in mind that is already in the league of coming out of college.

Agreed, but when a projected top 3 QB pick (Burrow/Herbert/Tua) suffers an injury and could available, you have to consider him as an option. Nobody knows how long Drew plans on playing, if Taysom is the in house successor or if SP has someone else in mind that is already in the league of coming out of college.

I completely agree and would run the pick in at the draft if he was somehow available, even if he wouldn’t be ready to play until 2022 season. Unfortunately so many teams know the sadness of putrid QB play, there’s no way he makes it to pick 32, of course assuming our doctors say he’ll eventually be ready.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom