Hypothetical: Tua's Hip injury causes him to massively fall in the draft. Saints are on the clock with the 32nd pick and he's still on the board... (1 Viewer)

Would you draft Tua Tagovailoa?

• Yes

Votes: 108 63.9%
  • No

Votes: 61 36.1%

• Total voters
I completely agree and would run the pick in at the draft if he was somehow available, even if he wouldn’t be ready to play until 2022 season. Unfortunately so many teams know the sadness of putrid QB play, there’s no way he makes it to pick 32, of course assuming our doctors say he’ll eventually be ready.
Wow.

Knowing he's out for 2 years you're gonna take a risk with a first round pick?

We are all trying to figure out who the successor is and SP is sitting back knowing that he already has him. When Taysom takes over he will have been in the system for 3-5 years and have played multiple positions including QB.

I think you are probably right that Tua is more apt at reading defenses and his system is more pro-style. With that said, Mariotta was a very accurate college QB. My main issue with him was simple when he came out: he always seemed to be throwing to wide open guys, often on crossing routes.

I have some of that same worry with Tua. Burrow just looks like a guy throwing into NFL windows to me and Tua reminds me more of your typical spread QB.

But now you are comparing Burrow to Tua. I was comparing Tua to Mariotta, from their collegiate years.

Now as far as Burrow goes. One could argue it is the system. I am not going to say Burrow is better prepared to be a NFL QB, than Tua. No way. Neither would I say Tua is more prepared than Burrow. But you have to admit Burrow has had some pretty open throws himself to WR’s.

At this point, for the Saints, I would take Burrow over Tua, because he fits the system the Saints run.

But now you are comparing Burrow to Tua. I was comparing Tua to Mariotta, from their collegiate years.

Now as far as Burrow goes. One could argue it is the system. I am not going to say Burrow is better prepared to be a NFL QB, than Tua. No way. Neither would I say Tua is more prepared than Burrow. But you have to admit Burrow has had some pretty open throws himself to WR’s.

At this point, for the Saints, I would take Burrow over Tua, because he fits the system the Saints run.
Burrow would be a dream.

Closest thing I've seen accuracy wise to Brees in quite some time.

And he's got innate ability to feel pressure and can make huge plays throwing on the run.

His intangibles are through the roof.

Unflappable. Determined. Delivers the ball with perfect technique knowing he's going to get pummeled. Moxy out the ying yang. Plays with extreme swagger.

Tua’s best situation is to be drafted by a team that can let him sit a couple of years, get extremely healthy, and learn the system. He won’t make it if he’s drafted by a terrible team that has to play him right away. Can’t sell that to a fan base that suffers mediocre on a yearly basis right?!?! Kinda like we did with Teddy in a sense. Although, Teddy was further removed from his injury. But the point remains

Very similar to the injury that ended Bo Jackson’s career.

Came to post that. Sports medicine has changed substantially since Bo's days, so Tua may yet have a chance to recover.

As for the draft, for sure he'll fall. coming out of college with 2 ankles and now a hip, I'll be surprised if a team needed a QB picks him.

Came to post that. Sports medicine has changed substantially since Bo's days, so Tua may yet have a chance to recover.

Has there been an NFL player to come back after hip replacement surgery?

Tua reminds me so much of Titans QB....(yea forgot his name he’s sucha mediocre QB)

TUA will Bust or Be Mediocre
Thjs.

He looks great against weaker competition. When he faces a real defense, not so much. Plus, he seems to be injury-prone. I wish him luck.

No. He just broke his posterior. He was injury prone before this injury. What do you think he will be after this injury? I wish him the best but the outlook isn't pretty. Sure medicine has evolved but I don't recollect anyone being great after breaking their behind.

No. He just broke his posterior. He was injury prone before this injury. What do you think he will be after this injury? I wish him the best but the outlook isn't pretty. Sure medicine has evolved but I don't recollect anyone being great after breaking their behind.

Not only will he be there at pick #32, he’ll be there at pick #232.

We are all trying to figure out who the successor is and SP is sitting back knowing that he already has him. When Taysom takes over he will have been in the system for 3-5 years and have played multiple positions including QB.
FINALLY, someone gets!!! Taysom is Legit The Guy!!! Sean knows and that’s all that matters.

Well Tua can play another year in college to try to bring his draft stock back up!

As for the draft, for sure he'll fall. coming out of college with 2 ankles and now a hip, I'll be surprised if a team needed a QB picks him.
Exactly. And when Bo got injured, no one caught the fact that he had bleeding going on. It was caught too late. But like you said, sports medicine is so advanced these days, that Tua will recover, and it won’t be a Bo situation.

Saban ruined that dude
Saban and Bama Athletics ruined him because of the pressure to win now. I can’t remember any player, college or pro, had surgery for high ankle sprains to insert rods through his bones so he could get back on the field faster.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom