Hypothetical "Who would you vote for"? (1 Viewer)

How would you vote?

• George "Dubya" Bush (R)

Votes: 6 14.3%
  • Hillary R Clinton (D)

Votes: 7 16.7%
  • Third Party

Votes: 25 59.5%
  • Informed non-voter

Votes: 4 9.5%

• Total voters
In actuality, I trust the results more if anonymous.

The logic doesn't follow. This is a discussion board where people openly share their opinions. And you're asking about about a topic people have no problems tossing opinions about around. It's not like you're asking "who here has killed someone before?" and it's not like there is any potential for "buying" of votes or "voter intimidation".

The results should be the same regardless of whether it's anonymous or not and you aren't really that interested in the statistics because they're largely meaningless except as a vehicle for......prompting (open/public) discussion. :dunno:

wow...some people actually would vote for George Bush again?????!?!?!?!?!????? that scares me ALOT........ Pepsi Max said it best "WAKE UP PEOPLE"

The logic doesn't follow. This is a discussion board where people openly share their opinions. And you're asking about about a topic people have no problems tossing opinions about around. It's not like you're asking "who here has killed someone before?" and it's not like there is any potential for "buying" of votes or "voter intimidation".

The results should be the same regardless of whether it's anonymous or not and you aren't really that interested in the statistics because they're largely meaningless except as a vehicle for......prompting (open/public) discussion. :dunno:

Sure it does. The vocal members will (and have) added their specific opinions and justifications. I also want to see how the timid add to the mix.

Likewise, you are free to look at the numbers and say "anyone voting for Bush or Hillary must have taken a mallet to the head recently, and should see a doctor." Dissenters are free to respond. And so forth.

The majority of people are voting 3rd party when in reality most will not vote 3rd party, lol. All of the 3rd parties combined will get at most 5% of the vote? Maybe Mccain should have been up there as an option.

All of the 3rd parties combined will get at most 5% of the vote?

Not in this hypothetical election. These two people are probably the most polarizing political figures out there today.

The majority of people are voting 3rd party when in reality most will not vote 3rd party, lol. All of the 3rd parties combined will get at most 5% of the vote? Maybe Mccain should have been up there as an option.

Someone will post McCain v. Democrat nominee after the primaries are resolved and running mates established. That will be an interesting poll to me as well. Bush is up there for a reason.

From what people on this board say, there plenty here who regularly vote third party. I would imagine it's much higher than the general population.

That being said, I don't see how one could pledge their support to a third party candidate when there is no candidate listed. Such a person might as well be someone who votes D or R no matter who is on the ballot (and those types get an awful lot of flack from the 'independent minded' on this board).

From what people on this board say, there plenty here who regularly vote third party. I would imagine it's much higher than the general population.

That being said, I don't see how one could pledge their support to a third party candidate when there is no candidate listed. Such a person might as well be someone who votes D or R no matter who is on the ballot (and those types get an awful lot of flack from the 'independent minded' on this board).

I edited the OP to address this. You're right.

Good point.

Guess I should have read the OP's statement about third party info before voting

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom