I’ve seen enough. We are not going anywhere with DA, PC & JW. (1 Viewer)

Same applies to you as well. Enjoy your glass half full, though you'd say it's half empty.

Also, what do you mean, "Good day." Fam, neither of us are going anywhere. This is an internet forum, not a Costco checkout line.
You seem offended that some of us aren’t as “optimistic” for the future as you are or agree with your overestimated takes. Given the reaction in this thread and across the board as a whole, you seem in the minority. I certainly will enjoy calling things as I see them, which right now are dire. If you want to beat around that bush or refuse to call a spade a space then feel free. You’re entitled too. Doesn’t bother me either way.

The post Payton/Brees era was always going to be hard on the franchise and fanbase. Its the winningest time in franchise history. However, as much as that era has meant it was itself a disappointment with the failures to secure more than one SB appearance.
I'm not entirely sure Allen and Carmichael were nothing more that placeholders in the transition period post Payton/Brees. A bit of familiarity for the fan base and continuity for the team. I think after next season we could see a true rebuilding once some of the big deals become more manageable. Bigger question is Loomis still pulling the strings or is he also close to the end?

You seem offended that some of us aren’t as “optimistic” for the future as you are or agree with your overestimated takes. Given the reaction in this thread and across the board as a whole, you seem in the minority. I certainly will enjoy calling things as I see them, which right now are dire. If you want to beat around that bush or refuse to call a spade a space then feel free. You’re entitled too. Doesn’t bother me either way.
I was only offended by the comment I replied to initially. Feel we suck all you like, that makes me no difference. Presume you are better than someone else for having that opinion and I take umbrage.

Without reading all four pages, there are a lot of things that need to be addressed in order for us to turn the season around.

Pass Protection: The OL cannot seem to pick up the blitz. Teams are going to blitz us until we can prove we can deal with it. In three games, we still cannot adjust.
Play calling: I feel like I am watching preseason. I haven't noticed new play designs or approaches that SP always seems to implement for each game. Even if a play didn't work, it seems to set up another play. Teams were kept off balance. The offense seems to be a man-for-man attack.
JW PTSD: I don't if it is the injury last year or the poor pass protection, but JW is completely unsettled. Plus, JW seems to be looking for the home run a lot and is reluctant to check down. I am all for going deep. DB would often look deep and then check down. It is still a reluctant move for JW.
Run Defense: It is awful, especially the interior.
Lack of Discipline: This is a huge problem. There are too many preventable costly penalties every week, either extending drives defensively or killing them offensively. This is DA's biggest failing thus far.

Lastly, I have to disagree with the OP that DA was a"serviceable" DC. We had one of the best defenses under him and I never felt the defense was not well prepared week to week.

Whether or not we keep these coaches relies entirely on how these issues are resolved.

----

Our biggest problems are identifying blitzers, costly penalties and untimely fumbles. And what happened to special teams!? Offense could definitely stand to be less predictable but there were times in each of the last 3 games where we were finally getting in a groove just to have a penalty or fumble derail the momentum.

Unless our QB has a league leading time to throw they won't be successful behind our line as it stands now. They can't block anything that's not the standard 4 down linemen.

As for the future we will be getting at least a first round pick for Payton. I have no doubt the trade was made with that expectation in mind. And when we do get a first round pick, if a QB change is necessary he'll have a young LT to protect his blind side and 2 stud WR's to throw to.

Dennis Allen record as a head coach with 3 years in Oakland and also including the past 3 games in New Orleans is 9wins 30 losses, not good folks

3 games in and you're bowing out already?

Not yet but maybe after 4 games…😀jk. WhoDat 4 life but still can be critical. I can talk about my team but nobody else better talk bad about them!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom