Saints I’m a homer: Guilty as charged. But this vid gave me a HARD dose of reality! (2 Viewers)

Everything he said factually about the team is true, but in the end he's another blow it up and rebuild guy. At some point It may need to happen , But i sure don't know when. If they don't hit on the draft this year it may be time to get on the Arch Manning Express

The OP's video really didn't say anything new that wasn't repeated on here all of last season. Nobody should be buying anything Loomis is selling with this organization. Its show me time, no more cheap parlor word play tricks, no more being sleezy and getting your boy Jeff Duncan to publish talking points and narratives. It is go out on the field and prove it time. At the end of the day, the only thing that is gonna matter is wins and losses and the entire Saints organization is in put up or shut up mode with this current regime.

Carr played better than I expected. We can win with him, no going into the season with a new qb will help. A tightend and olineman and we’ll be fine in 2024. I expect improvements over last season.

I'd say it's a reasonable prediction based on past performance. But if they were really able to predict the coming season consistently for any team, they'd be rich, not pandering on YouTube or ESPN. I think everyone in the Saints organization who is in a position to really know last season, have the same concerns brought up here and more. They also have plans to deal with them. They also know some of those plans won't work and some will stick with them too long anyway.

It's a prediction, not "reality".

We won 9 games last year with an injured QB who was in his first year in the offense and an OC who didn't want to be there.

We have a really good group of skill players on offense.

We have some playmakers on defense and special teams.

We also have questions on the lines on both sides of the ball and a HC who hasn't shown that he can win consistently.

What does all that mean? I don't know.

It's a prediction, not "reality".

We won 9 games last year with an injured QB who was in his first year in the offense and an OC who didn't want to be there.

We have a really good group of skill players on offense.

We have some playmakers on defense and special teams.

We also have questions on the lines on both sides of the ball and a HC who hasn't shown that he can win consistently.

What does all that mean? I don't know.
Easiest schedule ever.

While I agree with most of the video’s takes (I think DA is the worst HC in the NFL, Carr is a mediocre QB at best, etc.), I think there’s a chance the Saints could be better than expected -

If Klint Kubiak proves to be a top tier OC. If he can get the most out AK, Olave, Shaheed, + players added through the draft…..then the Saints could be surprisingly good. We know DA is a decent DC imagine if the team had a top five O?

AND if the Saints absolutely nail each and every draft pick. Every few years Loomis and Ireland have a great draft with each pick contributing. The last few drafts have been hit or miss so they are about due for another solid top to bottom draft class. Another mediocre draft class will sink any hope of a surprising season.

So a playoff season is possible, just not likely.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom