I’m getting the feeling our D-Line is going to dominate! (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Rankins and/or Onyemata should be able to dominate a rook making his first ever start. Exposing that weakness with open things up elsewhere on the line, as protections start to shift and compensate:

The Saints control the line of scrimmage on defense and we will be in very good shape

Ravens O-line isnt anywhere near as good as the Skins O-line.
Homefield advantage isn't anywhere near as good in Baltimore as Monday Night in the dome. If we can get half the pressure we did against the Skins it'll be a win.

Homefield advantage isn't anywhere near as good in Baltimore as Monday Night in the dome. If we can get half the pressure we did against the Skins it'll be a win.

In all fairness, we're not dealing with Atlanta or Charlotte here.

Ravens fans are passionate about their team and they provide a damn good homefield advantage for the Ravens. M&T is one of the louder outdoor stadiums and it's going to be tough sledding for our offense.

With all the pregame billing being Saints O vs Ravens D, I've thought the same and how interesting it would be to see how the talking heads (and PFF) spin it if the Saints D Line totally dominate. Will they say the Saints D line got lucky to have a week with the Ravens' Lewis out? Will they say Cam, Davenport, and Rankins or others got "desperate and cheap" sacks because of it? Just wait and see. Lol

Saints defensive line has been cranking it up the last few weeks, I think they will continue making their share of plays on Sundays especially the way Lattimore, Crawley and PJ (getting more consistent minutes) have played well giving the dline opportunity to get to the QB.

In all fairness, we're not dealing with Atlanta or Charlotte here.

Ravens fans are passionate about their team and they provide a damn good homefield advantage for the Ravens. M&T is one of the louder outdoor stadiums and it's going to be tough sledding for our offense.
I agree, I was talking about homefield not being nearly as good for the Saints d-line. Yeah, we destroyed a good Washington defensive line but the environment is a big difference on the road in Baltimore.

Cam and Davenport 'bout to meet at...
tumblr_n2tmp8dc3x1tvzoo4o1_1280.png

With all the pregame billing being Saints O vs Ravens D, I've thought the same and how interesting it would be to see how the talking heads (and PFF) spin it if the Saints D Line totally dominate. Will they say the Saints D line got lucky to have a week with the Ravens' Lewis out? Will they say Cam, Davenport, and Rankins or others got "desperate and cheap" sacks because of it? Just wait and see. Lol

Not being snarky at all, if we win the game I don’t care what anyone has to say about it. Really don’t care what they have to say even if we lose. Everyone in the media will have their opinion, just like always. ?
I’d love the win for Drew.

if we win the game I don’t care what anyone has to say about it. R

Hump, I think your approach is the best way to be - if you can. But I always get intrigued with how the sports talking heads try to spin things. For me, its better to watch sports talking heads spin things even if I don't agree, then to watch the news network talking heads spin politics and news -- just shoot me! Lol. The silver lining is that it seems like our young guys on D play better when the talking heads are giving them criticism rather than compliments. We seem to eat the cheese.

Hump, I think your approach is the best way to be - if you can. But I always get intrigued with how the sports talking heads try to spin things. For me, its better to watch sports talking heads spin things even if I don't agree, then to watch the news network talking heads spin politics and news -- just shoot me! Lol. The silver lining is that it seems like our young guys on D play better when the talking heads are giving them criticism rather than compliments. We seem to eat the cheese.

Good points Biloxi.

Aren’t we without a starting guard as well? I mean they had 11 sacks last week!! I hope your right, but the theory goes both ways.

I hope the difference is we have a veteran who has 14 starts under his belt, while they are looking at a rookie making his first.

I would feel better about the D-line against the run if Stallworth was playing, but hopefully we'll be okay without him for one game.

I would feel better about the D-line against the run if Stallworth was playing, but hopefully we'll be okay without him for one game.

Apparently the Ravens run blocking has been bad so far this year. Hopefully that continues.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom