I’m sitting here,outside (1 Viewer)

staphory

Staff member
Super Moderator
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
Writing love letters to my wife. If you haven’t expressed your love to your significant other, do it now. Seriously, just do it. We are not promised or guaranteed tomorrow. I’m living proof of that. Make sure that person knows for a fact how you feel before it’s too late

I believe writing down thoughts seems like nothing to (us), but always is held as treasure by others

Are you doing any better? Ignoring the insurance stuff. How are you?
No big changes. I can do exercises that require bending at the waist and squats without holding onto something. I still have a little dizziness and can’t stand for a long time. Can’t run but can use a stationary bike. Can walk pretty good on a hard surface that is completely level.
My town has an asphalt walking track that is crowned in the middle. If I walk that, I end up veering off into the grass if I’m not exactly in the middle. Kind of funny actually.
Thanks for asking.

No big changes. I can do exercises that require bending at the waist and squats without holding onto something. I still have a little dizziness and can’t stand for a long time. Can’t run but can use a stationary bike. Can walk pretty good on a hard surface that is completely level.
My town has an asphalt walking track that is crowned in the middle. If I walk that, I end up veering off into the grass if I’m not exactly in the middle. Kind of funny actually.
Thanks for asking.
What is your actual diagnosis?

Just take it one day at a time. No need to worry about what is ahead. Live the moment.

Acute ischemic infarct
Where was the infarct? Sounds like CVA/TIA if I remember your original post. Outpatient PT may be able to help with the vestibular issues. Hopefully everything resolves 100%.

Your point about taking advantage of the moment is very well made. We get too caught up in foolishness that doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the day. Best of luck to you and please keep us advised!

Where was the infarct? Sounds like CVA/TIA if I remember your original post. Outpatient PT may be able to help with the vestibular issues. Hopefully everything resolves 100%.

Your point about taking advantage of the moment is very well made. We get too caught up in foolishness that doesn't amount to a hill of beans at the end of the day. Best of luck to you and please keep us advised!
It was in my Cerebellum so, CVA I guess. So much happened it those first couple of weeks that I don’t think I retained it all. Im done with OT and PT. They said that there was no value in having me continue to come in as they have done as much as they can for me. Anymore improvements will have to come from me continuing to exercise.

This is a good reminder for me. I've kept sort of a journal for about 20 years now. Just memories from my past along with current thoughts about what's going on in our family. Pretty random stuff really. I just know how much I would've liked to have had something like that from my dad after he died. I want my kids to have that to look back on. I haven't written in it for some time now but this thread is a reminder to me that I need to do more writing.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom