Analysis I’m tired of eye surgeries and subsequent recovery issues and time. Need prayers please. Thoughts, whatever. (1 Viewer)

Well, now I'm going to have to write a KWTPF thread this evening just to help with that smile!
Take care Josh! :9:

Well, now I'm going to have to write a KWTPF thread this evening just to help with that smile!
Take care Josh! :9:

I always love em Bill. Just like your dang avatar makes me smile always.
Thanks Bill.

Sorry to hear this and what you are going through. Just can't imagine the pain at that level. Got to say though you have a great attitude in reading your posts and that's got to be good. Sending positive energy your way.

Sorry to hear this and what you are going through. Just can't imagine the pain at that level. Got to say though you have a great attitude in reading your posts and that's got to be good. Sending positive energy your way.

Thank you bigdog. I’m a huge believer in energy. I’ll take that positive energy and sincerely be grateful for it. ?

And while I appreciate the sentiment I’m nothin. The kids that go thru such horrors that you hear about at St. Jude’s and such, those are little warriors. I’ve lived a full life and am an old man. I’ve had a good life, whenever the ride ends for me I got to ride. Some don’t get to even make it onto the ride. TY again.

Well, look, you're NOT being a pain or a whiner or anything. I just don't have any magic words. I do believe in prayer and I will pray for you but that always feels like weaksauce. Then again, none of us can trade places and do it for you. So that's what we're left with.

I just know that when I'm rock bottom, I talk out loud to God. It's my form of prayer, I guess. I only know it makes me feel better. And it switches back and forth between talking to my Dad.

But I'm talking emotional or psychic pain, not physical. I can't imagine how I'd deal with that. I don't know if just "getting it out" helps. But, weirdly, this place is great for that. So if you just need to reach out to make sure we're thinking about you and that gives you solace, please do whenever you need it!

k, structural question
how much practical vision do you have atm?
having read your eye surgery stories and your description of your vision, i've always pictured you about 1.5 inches away from the screen
then today when you brought up the reading/library stuff again, I was thinking "maybe Dolphin Lover should listen to books on tapes to help relax"
then i thought that maybe you do all of your computer stuff voice-activated
OMG, someone finally asked the question! I've been wanting to know this, too! lol

Thank you bigdog. I’m a huge believer in energy. I’ll take that positive energy and sincerely be grateful for it. ?

And while I appreciate the sentiment I’m nothin. The kids that go thru such horrors that you hear about at St. Jude’s and such, those are little warriors. I’ve lived a full life and am an old man. I’ve had a good life, whenever the ride ends for me I got to ride. Some don’t get to even make it onto the ride. TY again.
Well said. And once you get a handle on the pain better your going to feel a lot younger.

Yeah, the strength those kids show put me to shame. We're all entitled to whatever life we get, but those kids should have more and shouldn't have to BE that strong yet.

And I'm gonna say this .. I'm not in a hurry, but I can't wait to find out what heaven is like.

Well, look, you're NOT being a pain or a whiner or anything. I just don't have any magic words. I do believe in prayer and I will pray for you but that always feels like weaksauce. Then again, none of us can trade places and do it for you. So that's what we're left with.

I just know that when I'm rock bottom, I talk out loud to God. It's my form of prayer, I guess. I only know it makes me feel better. And it switches back and forth between talking to my Dad.

But I'm talking emotional or psychic pain, not physical. I can't imagine how I'd deal with that. I don't know if just "getting it out" helps. But, weirdly, this place is great for that. So if you just need to reach out to make sure we're thinking about you and that gives you solace, please do whenever you need it!

Thanks Marsha. And just feeling like part of The Who Dat nation has my back, does wonders for my psyche. I try to hurt in private if that makes sense. My wife has enough on her plate. Y’all are like family to me. Silly or not.

And I get that totally how you work thru strife. My physical pain has been so severe with this that it has manifested itself not only physically but now psychologically as well as I am always waiting for the next wave of agony. It’s quite surreal. As I’ve said a few times it’s the first foe I’ve had that I have no answer for. It’s thoroughly dominated me. And that’s just not easy to do. If they don’t find some real ways to help assuage this by next week I will be taking this eye out my damn self with a spoon and I’ll live web it or snap tweet it or whatever it’s called for @SystemShock. ?
I’ll have some dude abides drinks and go to town it will be like an old western, except they didn’t drink pansy drinks like White Russians. ???
After it’s done I’ll look for a single eyed emoji to match my new look.
TY again lady.

Last edited:
OMG, someone finally asked the question! I've been wanting to know this, too! lol

Marsha if any of it or anything ever piques your interest ask away lol. I will not be offended. I am an open book, while some of my pages are worn I’m not ashamed of them.

I’ve been poked prodded and marveled at for this part of my medical issues for so long, and asked so many questions, I’m good. I should have an honorary degree in Ophthalmology and corneal structure and such. I finish their sentences lol.

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how much suffering you're going through, yet at the same time you continue to spread so much positive energy through your posts. Stay strong -- one way or another, this too shall pass.

Well said. And once you get a handle on the pain better your going to feel a lot younger.

I hope so bigdog. This has me walking around like I’m 90. I’m not a fan. Lol.
My poor wife must feel like she married a JJ Watt and is now stuck with Bernie Sanders.

She loves my strength and physique and ability to pick up big things and (uggg man grog ugg) move heavy stuff. Now I’m relegated to duck walking very slowly so as not to invite the pain back, and cannot work out. Lol. I’m definitely giving her the epitome of the ‘worse’ part of ‘better or worse till death do you part.’

So sorry to hear this. I can't imagine how much suffering you're going through, yet at the same time you continue to spread so much positive energy through your posts. Stay strong -- one way or another, this too shall pass.

Thanks Booker.

It’s iust me. Funnily I’ve been labeled on here (and I get it) as that I must be disingenuous. I’m not. This is me. Far from perfect but I try my very best to see the good in all people and things and am a huge believer in controlling what I can.
My attitude and how I treat others. I know we all have battles so I go the extra mile to try and make all in my life daily, to feel special. And it’s real. To me you can gauge yourself on these things:

1. How you treat someone when no one is watching, or when that someone can do nothing for you.
2. How you treat animals.
3. Did you make someone smile today? Did you leave a positive footprint or did you spread negativity?

I fail every day with all of my goals but each day I wake up and try to do better. And not for any award. It just makes my soul happy.

Thanks Marsha. And just feeling like part of The Who Dat nation has my back, does wonders for my psyche. I try to hurt in private if that makes sense. My wife has enough on her plate. Y’all are like family to me. Silly or not
TY again lady.
YW. And good point about your wife. She's going through the same thing you are and then her own stuff. You need us.

Mr. Joshua, I’m so very sorry it seems you had a really bad time, but I’m glad the pain is giving you a respite.

I’m not very religious, especially in an organized religion way, but I do know that there have been a couple of times in my life where I felt a strong sense of peace wash over me. A calmness and a feeling that everything will be okay. I am sending you my best positive vibes and wishing that peace for you.

Hang in there, we all are sending you our best thoughts and prayers!

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom