Saints I’ve Been Struggling Lately... (1 Viewer)

Saint Taysom

MultiTool Tool
Reaction score
Since the NFCCG, I’ve been very vocal around here and in my life in general I’m swearing off the NFL after they allowed the Saints to be blatantly cheated in front of the world. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl, and I have still not turned on NFLN or ESPN since that garbage. I hate Goodell with a passion, and I hope everyday the league comes to its senses and flushes that turd of a human being down the toilet!

BUT, I just can’t stay away from this site or stop myself from thinking about the Saints and what’s to come. I’m struggling to break free, and even though I’m sure the NFL has no integrity, here I am wondering about FA and the draft.

I feel like Gyllenhaal and the Saints are Heath Ledger up on Brokeback Mnt.
I wish I knew how to quit you!

Attachments

• 9E0BDEBB-0C1F-4697-8530-25312A86FC6F.jpeg
    9E0BDEBB-0C1F-4697-8530-25312A86FC6F.jpeg
    308.2 KB · Views: 0
I’ve been living and dying with this team since I was 7 years old... I’m 42 now. 35 years of being a dedicated and devoted fan... it’s just not as easy as saying “I’m done!”

Since the NFCCG, I’ve been very vocal around here and in my life in general I’m swearing off the NFL after they allowed the Saints to be blatantly cheated in front of the world. I didn’t watch the Super Bowl, and I have still not turned on NFLN or ESPN since that garbage. I hate Goodell with a passion, and I hope everyday the league comes to its senses and flushes that turd of a human being down the toilet!

BUT, I just can’t stay away from this site or stop myself from thinking about the Saints and what’s to come. I’m struggling to break free, and even though I’m sure the NFL has no integrity, here I am wondering about FA and the draft.

I feel like Gyllenhaal and the Saints are Heath Ledger up on Brokeback Mnt.
I wish I knew how to quit you!
You are a Saints fan. Don’t apologize and don’t quit

And you know what. Feel proud. I do. For what The Who Dat Nation did last week. I suspect you were a part of that. I was and it made me smile for the first time in 2 weeks

My guess is a lot of people feel the same way. I know I do. Let me know if you find a cure.

It still ticks me off to this very moment (almost 3 weeks later). But at the end of the day, it's a game and shouldn't affect my life at this point! I won't lie b/c it does but life goes on. I'm dealing with it and moving forward but will never forget.

I joke around a lot and generally keep it pretty light. Life is too short to be taken too seriously. But I'd like to say with all seriousness that this site and you people have helped me work through this ordeal so much. I know I'm not alone in that feeling either. The past few weeks have been one long group therapy meeting.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl and I haven't watched ANY coverage on any network since our game ended. I can't even listen to sports radio. But I can still come here by god and be among like minded friends.

I joke around a lot and generally keep it pretty light. Life is too short to be taken too seriously. But I'd like to say with all seriousness that this site and you people have helped me work through this ordeal so much. I know I'm not alone in that feeling either. The past few weeks have been one long group therapy meeting.

I didn't watch the Super Bowl and I haven't watched ANY coverage on any network since our game ended. I can't even listen to sports radio. But I can still come here by god and be among like minded friends.
Therapy!!! That's what I tell my wife.

What you feeling is normal. To me coming here is therapy. I get to talk about things that no one outside this site will ever understand. I get most of my Saints news here. I do click on this site almost every 5 minutes. OCD, I guess. But I do have other things going in my life that is important too. Got to handle your business outside of being a Saints fan. Trust me......I have this empty feeling inside me every day because a Super Bowl would mean so much to me. But unfortunately it didn't happen last week. I have boycotted anything NFL network or ESPN have to say about anything.

Don’t let other people tell you what you should do. They don’t know what is best for you. Often the best thing to do is the hardest.

Wto3Ahw.gif

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom