I’ve seen enough. We are not going anywhere with DA, PC & JW. (2 Viewers)

The “positive” thing is the changes the Saints need to make to be a playoff side are actually fairly simple. Firing two guys and releasing another then replacing them with people who are even just average. For example if this team had Jim Harbaugh as coach (just an example) and someone like Garoppolo at QB then we’d make the playoffs. Shouldn’t be that difficult for Loomis to fix he just needs the balls to do it.

Gotta put the blame where it belongs: Loomis. He had a chance to go out and get a young, up and coming, innovator, really the next Sean Payton. He told himself DA would be that guy, that DA’s utter failure as a HC in Oakland was a plus. Then, Loomis and DA compound the problem by failing to get an innovative OC, and instead go with a guy who said he didn’t even want the job. The results are clear.
Thats currently the trend in the league right now. Young offensive minded coaches. Funny, that was what Payton was when we hired him.

Gotta put the blame where it belongs: Loomis. He had a chance to go out and get a young, up and coming, innovator, really the next Sean Payton. He told himself DA would be that guy, that DA’s utter failure as a HC in Oakland was a plus. Then, Loomis and DA compound the problem by failing to get an innovative OC, and instead go with a guy who said he didn’t even want the job. The results are clear.
How do we know it wasn't ownership who wanted to keep it in house?

Ya hear that folks??

Everyone wrap it up, UltraSaints has seen enough after only 3 games!

Someone go tell Gayle ASAP!!
I agree and understand the OP's frustration because we do look like the same team for three weeks straight and creating "we just have to...." Post after every game like this will get old.

What I will say that shares a bit of the OP's sentiment is we look like a version of the Bounty Gate punishment season, were a watered down version of the Payton era. DA and Carmichael are poor versions of their Coach much like Matt Patricia and McDaniel are to Belichek.

Eh I get it. But at the same time does anyone remember 07-08 and the 12-16 seasons? Horrible defenses sank great offenses and it took Payton years to get it together on that side of the ball just in time for Brees’ twilight years. You subtract Brees from those teams and it’s even worse.

I’m not saying DA will prove to be a great HC. I think the jury is still out but he deserves time and this is his first huge test. I know everyone wants to kill Pete as well but at the same time how limited are we with a QB who cannot practice during the week and is having such difficulty with his pre snap reads and blitz pick ups? Maybe they have to keep it simple at this point.

And yes I’m at the point of saying Winston needs to sit. I’m a fan of his but his injury is limiting his participation with practice which affects game day prep and his injury affects his playing ability. Dalton isn’t a savior but I think a game manager type QB is fine. More of a Brad Johnson type. If he can do that it’ll be a step in the right direction

Honestly just competence at the QB position will steady things I think. The offense lacks confidence and it’s leaking out over the whole team.

A lot of omnipotent individuals patting themselves on the back in this thread.

How many of you wanted the Saints to get Russel Wilson with his salary and compensation? Baker Mayfield was also thrown about. He actually made Winston look good today, by comparison. Garoppolo and the 49ers have 7 points going into the 4th quarter. Jameis has been disappointing, but the other options considered by some of us would have been big, costly mistakes.

And Loomis’ only good move was hiring Payton? Do you hear yourselves? The moves in the draft, this year were questionable, but are you disappointed in the promise of Olave? Penning? Taylor? You may be spot on about DA, but you don’t think this is a talented roster?

Last edited:
If we still had Sean Payton we are 3-0 right now.

The best anyone in his position can do in any industry, is make recommendations. Ownership has the final say-so.
At any rate, do you know Gale Benson? I do, and she is not someone who knows a great deal about football operations. I believe she let Loomis make the decision and was supportive of whatever he was going to do. This is not a "Jerrah" situation.

First off, I'm not comparing this team to that team or any of these players to those players...

But in 2007, we still didn't know how good SP and DB were gonna be. And they started the season losing 4 games and being outscored 119 to 51... I'm pretty sure there were posts just like this on the board.

We, as fans, overreact in both directions.

"We're winning the SB!" after a big win.

"We need to fire the entire team and start over!" after a disappointing loss.

This thread is one of those over-reactions.

At any rate, do you know Gale Benson? I do, and she is not someone who knows a great deal about football operations. I believe she let Loomis make the decision and was supportive of whatever he was going to do. This is not a "Jerrah" situation.
Anytime you have him basically advising two different sports teams that's not a good thing.

I am frustrated as the rest of you.... however the only person I am ready to fire is Loomis....
With our defense, still think we can get enough wins for the playoffs...but that's all, definitely not winning any playoff games with this offense... so guess I am giving up on this team, got to see a SuperBowl and want that every year not a participation trophy.....

I am frustrated as the rest of you.... however the only person I am ready to fire is Loomis....
With our defense, still think we can get enough wins for the playoffs...but that's all, definitely not winning any playoff games with this offense... so guess I am giving up on this team, got to see a SuperBowl and want that every year not a participation trophy.....
Unfortunately I think Loomis has found himself untouchable. Gayle probably loves him and leaves all the football decisions to him so.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom