I’ve seen enough. We are not going anywhere with DA, PC & JW. (1 Viewer)

Eh I get it. But at the same time does anyone remember 07-08 and the 12-16 seasons? Horrible defenses sank great offenses and it took Payton years to get it together on that side of the ball just in time for Brees’ twilight years. You subtract Brees from those teams and it’s even worse.

I’m not saying DA will prove to be a great HC. I think the jury is still out but he deserves time and this is his first huge test. I know everyone wants to kill Pete as well but at the same time how limited are we with a QB who cannot practice during the week and is having such difficulty with his pre snap reads and blitz pick ups? Maybe they have to keep it simple at this point.

And yes I’m at the point of saying Winston needs to sit. I’m a fan of his but his injury is limiting his participation with practice which affects game day prep and his injury affects his playing ability. Dalton isn’t a savior but I think a game manager type QB is fine. More of a Brad Johnson type. If he can do that it’ll be a step in the right direction

Honestly just competence at the QB position will steady things I think. The offense lacks confidence and it’s leaking out over the whole team.
It's a shame when 53 make the roster and 46 or so make the game day roster and thanks to your magnificent insight you have narrowed down after a watered down training and preseason games, and 3 supposedly in-season games, and the fact that only 13 teams have an above .500 record right now, you have got to be the wizard of Oz to narrow all of what's going in Saints World to Jameis Winston. Congratulations on your insight you are a truly remarkable person.

It's a shame when 53 make the roster and 46 or so make the game day roster and thanks to your magnificent insight you have narrowed down after a watered down training and preseason games, and 3 supposedly in-season games, and the fact that only 13 teams have an above .500 record right now, you have got to be the wizard of Oz to narrow all of what's going in Saints World to Jameis Winston. Congratulations on your insight you are a truly remarkable person.
You’re very right. You owe me $3.50 for this analysis

Geez, think I'll wait a bit yet before I throw in the towel. It's been three whole games, man. It'll be "ok"...step back from the ledge.

Depends what you mean by bowing out?

I’m just making the point that I have zero optimism or expectation regarding our fortunes with DA, PC and JW as the forefront of our team. I am absolutely certain we will not have success. Heck, I want a new GM too. If that’s what you mean by bowing out then I’m guilty. We need a reset and that starts at the top.
Fair enough.

Some of us might be underestimating Gayle because she is a woman. It’s an easy thing to do but hardly fair to someone who inherited a team and kept it here.

She seems to be a wonderful person but she has great responsibilities and I’ll bet she’s no fool; successful people rarely are.

If she’s too loyal (a rare trait these days) it may be because she’s honoring/respecting Tom Benson’s ways of Saints ownership. Face it, as successful of a businessman as he was, he didn’t stand up to the NFL’s abuses and he was loyal to his top sports execs perhaps to a fault.

I’m assuming Gayle is getting an earful about our current situation from her advisors and may in good time, but not hastily, make some difficult decisions and execute them gently.

I don’t presume to know how to run an NFL team. Loyalty can be an expensive mistake - I’ve seen it in business - yet there are plenty of heartless, cutthroat front offices out there with constantly awful teams, so there’s more to it than that. We will have to be patient and appreciate our team and all it means to New Orleans. Let’s take our frustrations out on Peat or Lutz or Jason David (no, Walter Thomas!) or someone before we go after Mrs. Benson.

Last edited:
The lack of hope for the future is the worst part to me. Even in the bad old days we always had next year and a high draft pick to hang our hopes on. It's going to really sting if this team continues to be a disaster and that pick that was traded away ends up being a top 5-10 pick. As of right now I think we have something like 4 picks next year and 4 picks in '24.

And the cherry on top is that the cap is still wrecked. People will say, "You just don't understand how the cap works. Loomis will make it work!" How long are we going to have to dig ourselves out of a 50-80 million dollar hole every year? Why continue to go all in without a franchise QB? With Drew it made sense. Now it's madness.

Accuracy with a dash of venom, when necessary to get a point across. Reminds me of some of my posts :)

Seriously though, you hit the nail on the head with almost everything. It is what it is, and the sooner we realize we went forward with what was simply a bad idea, the sooner on the horizon seasons like 2017 and 2006 will be.

It may not work out like we hoped, but it seems like most were willing to give it a chance. Keeping the majority of the staff in tact seemed like a logical thing to do, given that our team was so well built. Who knew we’d be playing a QB with a broken back at the time? I’m very disappointed, but I can’t reasonably go jumping off the deep end just because we’re off to a rough start. Let’s give it some time, and see. Nothing to do now but hope we can turn it around.

You have a take and opinion on the team. Bully for you.

But saying smug insufferable stuff like this makes me believe you to be wrong even more than I already did.
You can believe whatever you want. Belief and reality are two different things. Good day.

Won’t happen but one can dream. I truly believe he would implement a fresh and new outlook for the entire organisation rather than us trying to continue Paytons system with someone like DA. We need a new direction completely. SP retired and left us. Don’t keep one foot in the circle. Revamp and go in a new direction. We are going to be stuck in a rut unless we commit to a reset and rebuild. We won’t be successful with DA as head coach either now or in the future.
We seem as a team, unable to move past Sean/Drew's ghost.

Wish we had got Doug Pederson when we had a chance.
At the time, I was thinking we need to sign Doug Peterson, before the Jags wise up and realize Doug is just what they need for a struggling QB. Doug Pederson wasn't going to wait around for Loomis's exhaustive search. To ironically hire Dennis Alan in house.

With the use of Ms. Gayle in the fiasco recruitment of Deshaun Watson, the wild drafting trades, and such. You can add Micky Loomis to the list of names. The drew is off the lilly, w/ out Sean in the building. Next year the story will be "lets bring Sean Payton in as the General Mgr. to fix everything.

You can believe whatever you want. Belief and reality are two different things. Good day.
Same applies to you as well. Enjoy your glass half full, though you'd say it's half empty.

Also, what do you mean, "Good day." Fam, neither of us are going anywhere. This is an internet forum, not a Costco checkout line.

Same applies to you as well. Enjoy your glass half full, though you'd say it's half empty.

Also, what do you mean, "Good day." Fam, neither of us are going anywhere. This is an internet forum, not a Costco checkout line.
The truth does't require your belief.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom