I actually can’t wait until we play KC (1 Viewer)

I’ve had that one chocked up as a loss all year. Who knows, crazier things have happened. But I guess if the saints want a chance winning the superbowl this would be a good way to prove it.

As long as GB loses one more game and we don't lose any other games, I'm 100% fine with us losing to KC cuz that still gives us the #1 seed since we'd have an 11-1 conference record and SEA has already lost to LAR and ARZ so they could run the table and still lose a tiebreaker to us.

Good TEs have always been an Achilles heel for us and the Chiefs have a very very good TE

Makes you wonder what it would be like if we had 2011 Jimmy Graham on this team.

What gives us a chance against KC is their defense, which is mediocre. We are going to have to score TD's every quarter to beat them, but it's possible b/c their D is not dominating, and we have a very good offense that, I believe, is getting better. The wildcard, of course, is Patrick Mahomes. You can have every player covered and get good pressure on him and he can find a way to escape and make a big play. I think, though, that we will be very competitive in this game and have a decent chance to win.

We'll see. He and the rest of the secondary didn't look so hot against Darren Waller of the Raiders.
Yeah, that was, what, the 2nd week of the year when the whole D was playing poorly and busting coverages. Have you not noticed the improvement, especially in Malcolm Jenkins, since then? Have you not noticed the way Jenkins has been taking TE's out of the game. Yes, Kelce is good, but Jenkins is no slouch. He won't stop Kelce, but I think he can limit him enough to cause KC some problems.

Yeah, that was, what, the 2nd week of the year when the whole D was playing poorly and busting coverages. Have you not noticed the improvement, especially in Malcolm Jenkins, since then? Have you not noticed the way Jenkins has been taking TE's out of the game. Yes, Kelce is good, but Jenkins is no slouch. He won't stop Kelce, but I think he can limit him enough to cause KC some problems.

I'm aware, but that doesn't take away the fact that it still happened. We have always had issues with TE's but (as you said) hopefully we have the right pieces on defense now to alleviate those concerns moving forward.

What gives us a chance against KC is their defense, which is mediocre. We are going to have to score TD's every quarter to beat them, but it's possible b/c their D is not dominating, and we have a very good offense that, I believe, is getting better. The wildcard, of course, is Patrick Mahomes. You can have every player covered and get good pressure on him and he can find a way to escape and make a big play. I think, though, that we will be very competitive in this game and have a decent chance to win.
This in a nutshell---their D is currently 15th and trending downward (given up over 30 points the last 2 games), with their run D currently 27th, something Payton can exploit with Kamara & Murray. But Mahomes will always get his, he's just too good right now. The more we keep him on the bench & not gassing our D, the better chance we have in the 4th to pull one out

One week at a time , may have NFC South title wrapped up before playing that game.

If both teams continue on the trajectory they’re on, I think both teams play a very, very conservative game in the event they face each other in the Super Bowl.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom