I agree... our secondary needs help... (1 Viewer)

Jason Craft, Jason Craft, Jason Craft! How many times do we need to see him get burnt before we find help. There were better dime package CB's out there to be had.

I think you should re-examine the game. Our secondary is not the best, but the real problem comes with our inability to get pressure on Mcnair.

We need to have Grant and Smith run at the QB to win. This is why there attack worked so well. Give credit to their O-line, they held great blocks, and we could not get pressure.

To blame the loss on the secndary is stupid. Our O-line finally was exposed, and Brees was pressured and sacked more than any other game.

It did seem like every pass mcnair threw was a completion, we may need to play more zone...we an influx of talent at defensive back or adopt the cover 2 scheme, or a zone defense.

Since McKenzie first year as a Saints, I cant remember the Saints having a top-notch CB, a shut-down type of CB.

Still, do we really need one ? It's better to have one sure... But as it was mentionned earlier McAllister got beat quite a few times today, dont even want to talk about S. Rolle who used to be a premier CB....

Those kind of guy create big plays but allow a lot of big plays too. Look at Newman, PacMan Jones, Jammer....

Even Champ Bailey was toasted by Horn a few times.... he looks much better now playing with Broncos (Did not see yesterday game :) ).

The D_line is labelled as a pretty good one, well they need to start producing. I haven't heard Smith name a lot appart from that FF this week... Hopefully, Grant looks to be on mission.

In the second Half, even we were deseperated, the pressure worked out good and McNair was not that confortable. But in the 1st Half, he just killed us with a lot of PA and roll out.

Why would we have to give up a 1st rounder for Clements? He is a UFA, per footballsfuture.com

Because he doesn't become an UFA until the season is over. I wanted him before the trade deadline. Also its gonna be near impossible for us to get him now in a wide open FA market.

If you give up the pick and had gotten him before the deadline you can gurantee yourself the chance to sign him long term.

Buffalo will most likely put the franchise tag on him.

They can't because it'll kill them even more. They are already in cap hell. Hell be an UFA after the season but hes gonna be so sought after now I don't think we can land him.

Yeah do that. I cant wait to read on this forum how Clements gets beat every week. We can use upgrade at CB like at any other position... but regarding Pass D if u cant pressure the QB, he will just kill u.

Yeah do that. I cant wait to read on this forum how Clements gets beat every week. We can use upgrade at CB like at any other position... but regarding Pass D if u cant pressure the QB, he will just kill u.

We need Clement for no other reason then Freddy T is probably retiring after this year.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom