I am about to buy a NEW TRUCK need help! (1 Viewer)

JERD

Veteran Starter
Reaction score
I am looking at getting a Truck this weekend. So I am in a rush to find out as much information on a few trucks. Any web sites yall can recommend or info would be great.
I am realy looking hard at FORD F-150 because I can get the X-plan with ford. It will give me the cheapest price. But I like Dodge and GMC with ther new MDS engins that give you better gas milage.(thats what they say)
The truck will be for me to back and forth to work and to pull my boat. I will need either a supercab or a crewcab, because i have 3 kids and y wife! So any Info would be great thankyall!!!!

You need to find the cost of the truck the dealership pays so that you don't walk out bowlegged after buying the truck. Even after a rebate you should still be able to go down 1-2 grand off the price and maybe more.

carsdirect.com will give you the invoice price and a target price on what you can talk them down to

Comes down to personal preference. I am a Chevy/ GMC guy so I wouldn't recommend Ford or Dodge, but they do make great diesel engines. Look at all of them. Find the one you like the best. Get the invoice price of that vehicle. Go to the dealership and get as close if not lower than the invoice price as you can get. Don't take no for an answer even if you have to walk out. You want the truck you want with the price you want. It is negotiable. The truck aint going anywhere so take your time.

If your boat has any size to it then the Tundra or the Titan is the way to go. GMC is the worst for towing.

Im a Ford truck man myself, so I wont recommend anything but Ford. Whatever brand you choose. visit as many places as you can and see just who is going to BS you and who is going to offer you the best deal. The biggest enemy of a good deal is being in a hurry IMO.

couple of things...one do some research. KBB.com or edmunds.com...pretty helpful. Next, pick a couple of dealerships. Go to thier wbsite and send them an email request for a quote on the specific vehicle you want.

If you decide on a chevy, go to chevrolet.com and "find a vehicle". Put in the location where you are and it will give you the ENTIRE inventory for a particular dealership. It will give you list price and window sticker to see the options. ( i think ford does it too )

I bought my Tahoe this way and didnt have to deal with running back and forth and different dealers. It was between Hood Northlake and Banner. I told both what I was looking for and I that I was shopping around. I asked each to give me thier lowest price on a particular vehicle in thier inventory. Ended up w/ Banner and all I did was go drive it, and pay for it since the price was settled on beforehand.

good luck.

But i heard that toyota has been having problems with the Tundra and that they drink to much gas like the Titan!!! If I am worng let me know, The real truck I like is the Tacoma but i need something bigger for my family.

But i heard that toyota has been having problems with the Tundra and that they drink to much gas like the Titan!!! If I am worng let me know, The real truck I like is the Tacoma but i need something bigger for my family.

They do drink more gas under normal driving but they are better on gas when towing. I have owned a Titan and now have a Chevy and used both frequently to tow my bass boat. The difference was night and day and the Titan actually got better gas mileage while towing. Just depends on the size of your boat and how often you tow.

The boat i have is not to heavy but I need something bigger than a small 6 to pull it.
Price issue thats where Ford come in. The X_plan I can get with FORD is a special offer that Ford gives to certian corprations and my companey is one. So I was told that I can get the lowest price with. Thats one of the reasons I was leening more to a FORD. But I GMC and Dodge has the new Active Fuel Management engine that suspose to get better Miles per gallon!!

How big a difference in price with the Xplan is a vehicle without it? The invoice price of most vehicles is no less than $3000 off the sticker. More closer to $5000 off MSRP.

Well when I was looking at getting a Expedition I let the sales men do all his BSin and I asked him "Is this you best offer!!!" he said yes the best I can do. I said,"I bet you can do better" he kept replying no sir. Then I pulled out that paper (the X-plan) his attitude changed real quick!!! He said If you have that I can do alot better. I was told that Salemen do not like that because it takes away from there sale and only gives them so much . But the price was 2 to 4 thousand different!!! I cant quite remember the #.

Salesman have to eat to but they don't need to eat with $1000 of your money. They chose the job based off commision. Wether they make a profit or not , its still a sale or notch in their belt. Check more than one place and take any offer you get to the next dealership. You want the lowest price you can get. Once you know the invoice i can bet if you pushed hard enough you could get $1000 under it. It will be like pulling teeth but remember its your money. $1000 under the invoice is spectacular. I think normally the target price is between 500 and 1000 over the invoice. I haven't messed with any of that since i bought mine in 2003 but you can bet the next time I buy a new one I will go with the same determination I had last time...... to get the best deal I could.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom