I am camping outside of Cameron Indoor Stadium (2 Viewers)

TulsaSaint

Sem medo de ser feliz
Reaction score
And it is freaking cold! The Duke undergrads who have been camped out since January for Saturday's Duke-UNC game are in a frenzy. Meanwhile, I'm on the other side of Cameron with the grad students. We have our tickets already, but we're camped out to get a good seat for the game. Only one student at a time has to be in each tent, so tonight's my night to hold down the fort for my group. Drunk undergrads come over from their side of Cameron every so often. But I can be on my computer because we have several extension cords with about 5 power strips attached to the end of them running from an outlet somewhere.

Anyway, it's chilly. Is a basketball game really worth all this trouble?

I hope you freeze!!

duke-slap.jpg

All for another Duke loss to UNC at Cameron.

Heres one reason why.

lawson.jpg

Lets see Paulus hit all those 3's tonight.

Maybe it will cool you down abit from the other thread...

Have fun...

Go Tarheels!!

That's commitment to a program. I went down to see GT play UConn, but I could've watched that debacle on tv. I see people camp out for all sorts of things, and I say more power to em.

It's 8:30, and I'm still here. And it's raining, and I left my shoes outside the tent last night, and they got drenched. And I have to be back at 9:00 tonight, cuz that's when everyone who's in any given tent has to be here.

The undergrads who weren't camping out in tents are now camped out on the sidewalk in the undergrad walk-up line - if there's still space after all the tenting undergrads go in, some of them will get in too. A 50-yard line of air mattresses, tarps, and miserable college kids. If you're in the undergrad walk-up line, you do it in a pair with another person, and one of you has to always be in the line. There does come a point at which you wonder about people's sanity to camp out in the rain on the sidewalk for two days for a basketball game, not to mention living in a tent for two months for that same game when your mama and daddy in New Jersey are paying $50,000 per year for you to go to Duke and live in a dorm.

Oh, and GO TO HELL, CAROLINA, GO TO HELL!

TulsaSaint;975039...when your mama and daddy in New Jersey are paying $50 said:
and therein lies the problem. Bunch of spoiled brats.

Try to stay warm & dry, Tulsa. It's already raining pretty good here in Fayetteville. Looks like a lot more is on the way.

I never comprehended the basketball frenzy in NC until I moved here. I'm still astonished by it. And I still haven't chosen a team. :hihi:

Jan

and therein lies the problem. Bunch of spoiled brats.

Haha, I've never seen a bunch of UNC kids camp out for two months in the rain, cold, and snow for a basketball game. If Duke kids are spoiled brats, they're remarkably good at roughing it.

Besides, it's very possibly that Mama and Daddy in Jersey went to Duke too and are encouraging their kid to camp out for basketball.

You should be working on your dissertation. :mad: :hihi: Better enjoy it while it lasts, because soon you'll be a professor and will miss those times.

Haha, I've never seen a bunch of UNC kids camp out for two months in the rain, cold, and snow for a basketball game. If Duke kids are spoiled brats, they're remarkably good at roughing it.

Besides, it's very possibly that Mama and Daddy in Jersey went to Duke too and are encouraging their kid to camp out for basketball.

Ha even more impressive. Handing it down from one generation to another.

So your point about UNC is they have more sense? Hmm.

You know I am just messin' with ya' TS...have fun man.

Last edited by a moderator:
Thats why I love Duke! The cameron crazies are the best. I wish I could have went to Duke but there is no way my parents could afford that and I am not that smart :eek:

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Thats why I love Duke! The cameron crazies are the best. I wish I could have went to Duke but there is no way my parents could afford that and I am not that smart :eek:

LETS GO DEVILS!!!

Yes, my folks would never have had the money either. Thank God for graduate student scholarships.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom