I am fine with not winning the division. (1 Viewer)

srenner

C-R-U-N-K.....
Reaction score
I will continue to root for the Saints to catch the Falcons and win the division so that they can have HFA during the playoffs. But this has been 19 years in the making for me...

December 28th, 1991 (Had to lookup the exact date). If you don't know what I am referencing then google it.

I would love nothing more than to return the favor in the Georgia Dome in the playoffs, and that's why I am fine with how the season has played out thus far.

I had just turned 12 when that game was played, right at that perfect age when you get your childhood Sports scars from rivals, and that game was a dagger for me. I can remember what I had for dinner and where I sat in my parents house while watching the game.

I will patiently continue to wait for payback this January and think that as Saints fans it would be sweet if we purchased as many tickets to the Falcons first home playoff game assuming they win the division.

(Of course, it would suck if the #6 seed screwed things up for us)

WHO DAT!

I remember that game. I watched it at my grandparent's place. I remember bouncing the ball outside afterward trying to rid myself of the frustration and then one of my favorite uncles (who was visiting from out of town) laughed and laughed at the Saints loss and just continued to rub salt in the wound.

That is the only time that I was ever mad at him. Taunting a little boy afte such a frustrating loss.

I got a weird feeling that if we don't overtake them, we will play just fine outdoors in the playoffs. This isn't teh 2006 team by a long shot. I believe we've grown so much since then.

I got a weird feeling that if we don't overtake them, we will play just fine outdoors in the playoffs. This isn't teh 2006 team by a long shot. I believe we've grown so much since then.

I agree. I kinda feel like we have to go on the road to defend the title.

And get this, we could easily go @ STL (Dome), @ ATL (Dome) for the first two games if we are the #5 seed.

Big whoop.

I'll say this. If that ATL game ends up being for the division lead, those of you who are in New Orleans should schedule an airport get together BEFORE the game.

And those of you in ATL, should do the same when they ARRIVE in Atlanta for the game.

Would be awesome!

/ok_back_to_the_Bengals

if we are 5 seed and ATL is 1 seed we wont play them for second game, we'd play the 2 seed. so it would come down to the NFC championship if it played out that way.

I will continue to root for the Saints to catch the Falcons and win the division so that they can have HFA during the playoffs. But this has been 19 years in the making for me...

December 28th, 1991 (Had to lookup the exact date). If you don't know what I am referencing then google it.

I would love nothing more than to return the favor in the Georgia Dome in the playoffs, and that's why I am fine with how the season has played out thus far.

I had just turned 12 when that game was played, right at that perfect age when you get your childhood Sports scars from rivals, and that game was a dagger for me. I can remember what I had for dinner and where I sat in my parents house while watching the game.

I will patiently continue to wait for payback this January and think that as Saints fans it would be sweet if we purchased as many tickets to the Falcons first home playoff game assuming they win the division.

(Of course, it would suck if the #6 seed screwed things up for us)

WHO DAT!

I have been thinking bout this as well..definitely prefer home field advantage but if we were to go on the road as a wild card and repeat then even the haters would convert and it would mean we probably beat ATL in Georgia..and yes, 12/28/1991 deserves payback..damn Michael Haynes vs. Milton Mack!

if we are 5 seed and ATL is 1 seed we wont play them for second game, we'd play the 2 seed. so it would come down to the NFC championship if it played out that way.

If the Saints are the 5th seed and the Falcons are the 1st seed the Saints could play them in the Divisional round.

Wildcard round 1 and 2 have a bye and 4 would play 5 and 3 would play 6.

If 5 and 3 win,1 would play 5 and 2 would play 3.

I have a weird feeling we are going to overtake them and get HFA

Funny you should mention having a feeling because I have the same feeling that we will overtake them and win another Super Bowl.

It wouldn't bother me if we were a #5, #6 seed, and played @STL, because that would be against a team most agree is nowhere as good. So I disagree with the OP only slightly, my favorite "revenge" scenario would be playing Atlanta on a Saturday afternoon in the Div. round, same as Arizona playoff home game, most will write us off the week leading up the game, we get the opening kick-off and Payton unleashes the torches and pulls the tracks off the Atlanta Falcons. It will be remembered as the NFL's equivalent of Sherman's burning of Atlanta, only 146 years later, city residents will be forced to endure their team's unravel and helpless waiting comparable to General Hood's failed attempts to save the city. Football, like war, is violent, occasionally necessitates cruelty . Any team that wishes to boast its vanity while appearing contemptuous, particularly towards renowned Saints, deserve all our hatreds, benedictions we'll capable of, neither refined nor understood.

I remember that game. I watched it at my grandparent's place. I remember bouncing the ball outside afterward trying to rid myself of the frustration and then one of my favorite uncles (who was visiting from out of town) laughed and laughed at the Saints loss and just continued to rub salt in the wound.

That is the only time that I was ever mad at him. Taunting a little boy afte such a frustrating loss.

ouch :covri:

To be honest, I've not given-up hope yet, so the idea of Atlanta having a leg-up on us still bothers me a bit. And typing that sentence just makes me realize how spoiled our team has made me in the past few years. Incredible how some things change. :ezbill:

My strong dislike of Atlanta, however, still has not changed one bit. If Atlanta does indeed win the NFC South, there can be no better revenge than us denying Atlanta a trip to the big game by defeating them in the NFC Championship.

The idea of Matt Ryan joining Drew Brees in the Super Bowl ring club is a bit.. unsettling. I'd prefer that he spend the rest of his days with Frank Caliendo and Joe Buck in the strip-search line at the airport whenever he travels, while Drew walks right on by with his flute of champagne and an attractive battery of female traveling companions.

I agree. I kinda feel like we have to go on the road to defend the title.

And get this, we could easily go @ STL (Dome), @ ATL (Dome) for the first two games if we are the #5 seed.

Big whoop.

I'll say this. If that ATL game ends up being for the division lead, those of you who are in New Orleans should schedule an airport get together BEFORE the game.

And those of you in ATL, should do the same when they ARRIVE in Atlanta for the game.

Would be awesome!

/ok_back_to_the_Bengals

would be awesome! :)

As much as I'd like to see the Saints eliminate Atlanta, I'd also like to see Vick do it. I think it would hurt them psychologically and divide the fanbase.

If only they could be eliminated twice this season . . .

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom