I am having a pre-emptive boycott of ESPN (1 Viewer)

HUMBERTO

Very Banned
Reaction score
Because I know those stupid talking heads like Peter King probably will drop us to like #19 in their power rankings. I know they are not out yet but I just know it. ESPN has been looking for an excuse to drop us down all season!!

FOR THIS WEEK AND EVERY WEEK UNTIL THEY STOP TRYING TO DEVALUE THE SEASON WE ARE HAVING I will boycott ESPN ABC Disney and whoever else is in their stupid family of companies! Who is with me!

Actually Peter King has us at 9 after the loss to the Steelers.........not 19

Peter King works for SI, doesn't he?

I'm just staying away from all football talk through at least Thursday. I can't do it to myself. I just can't.

Power rankings don't mean anything. They remind me of that BCS crap in college football.

They remind me of that BCS crap in college football.

except that they mean alot less....in college, the rankings determine your championship....in the NFL, it's just a useless "expert's" opinion

except that they mean alot less....in college, the rankings determine your championship....in the NFL, it's just a useless "expert's" opinion

Apparently, they are also used to waste bandwidth on message boards too. :shrug:

This isn't college football. I can't understand why people care so much about "power rankings" in pro football.

Who cares about "respect?" I care about the team advancing in the playoffs and winning a championship not how much air time or digital ink they are given by the national media. Not surprisingly, you'll notice this pattern: the more noise they make in the playoffs and the more championship runs they accrue the more "respect" they will get.

Why does a team deserve respect for being 6-3 in one of countless NFL seasons?

Actually King gives great props to Saints and Brees in his MMQB

http://www.saintsreport.com/forums/showthread.php?t=3358

I will say however that I have been boycotting Yahoo sports articles for several month, they more than anyone have either ignored or slandered the saints and their players the whole year

Apparently, they are also used to waste bandwidth on message boards too. :shrug:

:_rofl:

that's funny.....

now people, if you don't like what the media says about the saints, don't watch it....i only watch espn if there is a game on or they are actually showing highlights and scores.....i really could care less what salsbury steakhead, john clayton or any of those other "experts" say...their words are not gospel like some people seem to think.....i feel like i have enough knowledge of the game to make my own valid opinions about football....i am pretty sure that MOST people here are the same....seriously, who cares about power rankings??

Because I know those stupid talking heads like Peter King probably will drop us to like #19 in their power rankings. I know they are not out yet but I just know it. ESPN has been looking for an excuse to drop us down all season!!

FOR THIS WEEK AND EVERY WEEK UNTIL THEY STOP TRYING TO DEVALUE THE SEASON WE ARE HAVING I will boycott ESPN ABC Disney and whoever else is in their stupid family of companies! Who is with me!

Peter King works for Sports Illustrated and HBO not ESPN.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom