I am impressed... (1 Viewer)

Be honest, this board was overjoyed with the Browner signing last offseason. It's easy to say things about Browner now, but could very well be saying things like that about someone we signed this offeason next year. Let's just hope we won't.

You might be right, but I didnt know Browner from a hole in the ground, we know Jhari and we know he can bring something.

How much he brings we will soon find out :scratch:

Be honest, this board was overjoyed with the Browner signing last offseason. It's easy to say things about Browner now, but could very well be saying things like that about someone we signed this offeason next year. Let's just hope we won't.

Are you asking me to be honest?

Because I was one of the few saying signing a crappy CB like Browner was a terrible idea.

76th ranked CB and benched by the Patriots the year before we signed him. Desperation breeds stupid decisions.

I look at it this way: We went 7-9 with Browner and the NFL's worst statistical defense in HISTORY. So, with our additions and subtraction of Browner, a DC that looks like he knows what he is doing, Brees' contract getting done, adding Fleener and Thomas, I just have this feeling that we are a playoff team this year.

I'll be honest and say that I was excited when we signed Browner. I thought he would have been an upgrade and then was disappointed.

Not trying to rain on any parades here, but what have you seen out of Peat besides him being a 1st round pick? He has been moved all over the line, and it seems like they are shoehorning him into the LG position and hoping for the best.

That being said, an average Jahri Evans is a huge improvement over the 2 XFL guards that would've played RG. I kinda figured, and posted, early in the preseason that Evans would be back. I just expected it quarter to mid season. Now we just have to pray that they don't let Khalil Mack dictate the game.
Peat's college position was LT . The hardest transition for an O lineman is from one side to the other . The plan was and I'm sure still is to replace ZS at RT . Last yr AP admittedly came in out of shape and not ready to compete for ZS's job. Last yr and this yr they have had him playing every position on the O line except C.
This yr I think the idea was to get the 5 BEST lineman on the field . So rather than have AP learn a new position as well as change sides and play RG they have him at LG where he has done a pretty darn good job . Go review the games where he played LG and you'll see
My hope is that next yr we will address the OG position and and AP will make the switch to RT and ONLY play RT and beat out ZS

We didnt do enough..brees signing doesnt change the outcome of anything except hes here longer. The line still cant block..d line got zero pressure in preseason..am i blind???? Ill be happy to come eat crow if im wrong...but i dont see it..plus carolina is better than us on offense and defense..i dont get it

I am an eternal Saints optimist. I was even optimistic before every Mike Ditka coached season, some may even call me delusional in my "Saints Pre-Season Optimism" score. But, I do have to admit, my eternal optimism is usually tempered by realism. Realism many years ago that the team would be, shall we say, not too good. Since Brees and Coach Payton arrived, my optimism has gone from, I hope we can win some games to, I hope we can win some playoff games and maybe a Super Bowl. This year, I see something that I have not really seen since 2011. A TEAM. I believe in this team, I have supreme confidence in Drew Brees and Coach Payton. The Offense will be fine. Now on Defense, I see a unit that has proven veterans, veterans who have something to prove, highly touted talented rookies, young players and a very promising group of young corners. I also see a coach who has a scheme that fits the talent.

I am very optimistic going into this season. I see the downside risk as 10-6 and a wildcard berth. I see the NFC Championship Game in the future.

Sure, you can call me delusional, I prefer you call me a lifelong Saints fan.

This oline will get drew killed..and were one injury away on defense from having no CBs..this team is rebuilding. I dont get all the optimism..i just dont

I am an eternal Saints optimist. I was even optimistic before every Mike Ditka coached season, some may even call me delusional in my "Saints Pre-Season Optimism" score. But, I do have to admit, my eternal optimism is usually tempered by realism. Realism many years ago that the team would be, shall we say, not too good. Since Brees and Coach Payton arrived, my optimism has gone from, I hope we can win some games to, I hope we can win some playoff games and maybe a Super Bowl. This year, I see something that I have not really seen since 2011. A TEAM. I believe in this team, I have supreme confidence in Drew Brees and Coach Payton. The Offense will be fine. Now on Defense, I see a unit that has proven veterans, veterans who have something to prove, highly touted talented rookies, young players and a very promising group of young corners. I also see a coach who has a scheme that fits the talent.

I am very optimistic going into this season. I see the downside risk as 10-6 and a wildcard berth. I see the NFC Championship Game in the future.

Sure, you can call me delusional, I prefer you call me a lifelong Saints fan.

Amen brother. I have been an optimist and a fan since the beginning (1967). Some people don't know what a bad team really looks like. I've seen them in NO. But I never gave up hope. This years team will come together and get us to the playoffs. WHO DAT!!!

I'm glad we brought Kruger in and I hope he contributes. But I don't see how the Rankins injury left a hole at DE. Am I missing something? Kikaha maybe?

I agree w almost everything you said except the part about our Oline.

I still think that's our weakest link and that our passing and running game will struggle bc of that. Kelemete, Evans, and Strief are below average compared to the rest of the league. Unger and Armstead have been great, and Peat has promise, but thete are huge question marks on the Oline.

I think we are better now on the line than we were to start the preseason, but I still see it as a weakness. Idk why so many think Evans is a good option for the next year or two either. We wouldn't have cut him and then looked at other players if we thought he'd be that good for us for the foreseeable future.
I have to agree. We are slightly better off with Evans than Lelito and Kelemete. That being said, Evans and Strief have seen their better days come and go. Lot of questions about O line. The Kruger pick up may have really helped D line. Possibly two starting defensive ends that can play run and pass rush is huge. We get Rankins back eventually and that line can end up being very good. More confident in D line than I line right now.

I'm glad we brought Kruger in and I hope he contributes. But I don't see how the Rankins injury left a hole at DE. Am I missing something? Kikaha maybe?

Yeah I kept waiting for somebody to mention that. Anyway the fact that Kruger is starting on Sunday without ever suiting up for us tells me all I need o know about what SP thinks of the DE. Hope he's a difference maker off the edge.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom