I am in mourning (1 Viewer)

My most overlooked component was receiver. I had a couple Devons and Onkyos and thought I was doing good since those are big time brands. Did some research last year and reviewers were raving about this Sony 7.2 that went for $500. I did some shopping and found an open box with full warranty at Best Buy for $350 and jumped on it. I was blown away by how much more musical and precise the sound was....I had no idea what I was missing out on

Currently I am using a 5.1 setup. My living room is wide and the Mistral surrounds are omnidirectional so I didn't see much use in going 7.1.

My old Pioneer is 7.1 and has THX. I can literally close my eyes and imagine spatially exactly where a sound came from in a 360 area around me and it has 5.1 analog for DVD-Audio and Super Audio hookups. My next one needs that as well.

Just got my new subwoofer in and set up

So very happy.

My dogs on the other hand not so much

You have to play this song for the dogs, or not.

Where did that come from? I meant this song..

I would hate to offend the deity that lives in the subwoofer

Doh! Well, what song did you play through the new system?

Mishmash of stuff. Johnny Cash, CCR, STP, Tool, Soundgarden, Fleetwood Mac....whatever was coming up on Pandora
Played parts from Avengers Endgame. Just turned on SW A New Hope

Mishmash of stuff. Johnny Cash, CCR, STP, Tool, Soundgarden, Fleetwood Mac....whatever was coming up on Pandora

I'm gonna be watching Endgame on Blu-ray with surround sound. We'll see how it goes.

I like Johnny Cash, CCR, Tool, and Sound Garden.

Play this one, should be a good test.

Testing 1, 2, 3.....

I like Johnny Cash, CCR, Tool, and Sound Garden.

Play this one, should be a good test.

Testing 1, 2, 3.....

Will do. The two i heard were 46 & 2 plus Reflection. Reflection was just beautiful
Silvergun Superman by STP was great as well...musical base line in that one

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom