I am not (1 Viewer)

JDTM

Gold VIP Contributor
Reaction score
complaining. BUT I heard the last few weeks 6-2 we will bounce back. 6-3 we are going to come out of this. Now 6-4 and we are still fine. I have to think that something needs tp be done before we are 6-6 and no hope for the playoffs left. We all know that Brees played poorly today, for the most part. But that secondary really stinks. Am I alone are this are do yall see it the same way?

Exactly... there seems to be a lot of misguided optimism on this board. I'm just as much of a Saints fan as anyone but some people here don't seem to realize that this team has a lot of problems that need to be addressed if we're going to make the playoffs.

There are good reasons not to be as optimistic at 6-4 as we were at 6-2.

But some members equate your level of optimism with your degree of loyalty...

I guess I'll just never understand that way of reasoning. :scratch:

We all new what deficiencies our team had before the season, and we still have many of them. We knew our secondary was poor, no big surprise. We stop the run much better, but are still weak at OLB. Again, no big surprise. Payton has made definite improvements to the team, but we still need work. It's unreasonable to raise our expectations because of a fast start, and then get mad when we start to slow down. I'm looking forward to the rest of the season and seeing what Payton and co. do in the off-season.

And what, exactly, does pessimism do for you?

Fans are optimistic as long as playoffs are a possibility.

but some people here don't seem to realize that this team has a lot of problems that need to be addressed if we're going to make the playoffs.
But being positive and still believing doesn't mean you don't agree that there are problems that need addressed. I guess right now it's more a belief that those problems WILL be addressed before it's too late. And it's not too late yet. Not all the time in the world but still not too late.

But being positive and still believing doesn't mean you don't agree that there are problems that need addressed. I guess right now it's more a belief that those problems WILL be addressed before it's too late. And it's not too late yet. Not all the time in the world but still not too late.

Not sure we can correct our defensive problems. Offensively, I think we can correct the turnovers and that may be help us down the line.

Not sure we can correct our defensive problems. Offensively, I think we can correct the turnovers and that may be help us down the line.
Oh, I agree. My point was more directed to the implication that if you can feel something positive, you're ignoring the things that need addressed like yesterday. And I just believe they will be. Not eradicated but improved on.

Count me as one of the optimistic...I totally agree, VDK. I don't know what can be done about the defensive backfield. For the Thomas and Craft haters, there simply isn't anyone else and no DB's walking in off the streeet that are better. So the pass rush MUST help them, and today, for the most part, it didn't.

In today's NFL how can you not be optimistic especially when you're team plays in the NFC.

Because we've only won 1 out of our last 4 games and our defense has played like crap over those four games while our offense keeps turning the ball over in key situations...

At 6-2 I was one of the optimistic. Now two games later and at 6-4 I can not help but to think "we" over estimated our Saints.

Coming into the year I predicted 4-6 wins. After a 3-0 start I got a little to confindent, it didn't help wining a couple games we were supposed to lose. From now on I will not over-estimate this team, its just not good for the blood pressure. We have been on top for a little while, something most of us didn't think we would see this year.

At 6-4 we are still in good position, however we need to play a lot better than we have against Pittsburgh, Cinci and Baltimore before we get there. Hopefully its just a AFC North jinx and we come out of this 12-4 (there goes that optimisim again).

Sometimes I Think To Myself That I Am Only Fooling Myself Thinking That The Saints Are Ever Going To Be True Winners I Have Never Seen And Organization Year In And Year Out That Still Do Not No What Winning Is Truly About Me Personally Hate To See The Saints Loose But They Are What They Are They Get Your Hopes Only Then They Let Them Down I Guess The Saints Will Never Be What Would Like Them To Be And That Is Just A Winner So To All Your True True True Saints You Have To A Heart Of Steel To Be A Saints Fan Maybe One Day They Will Eventully Understand About Winning But I Do Not Belive It Will Ever Be In My Lifetime

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom