i am sick of inside the nfl on hbo (1 Viewer)

picnicwithfish

Geaux SAINTS!!!!!!!!
Reaction score
it seems like every week they have a five minute conversation on race. the entire race conversation just makes me sick. this week's show featured larry jonhnson. in his interview, he basically said that no black player can really respond to a white coach without feeling like he is getting bossed around. basically, he finally respects who he is playing for, because he is black, and that is the diference in his play this year. what kind of b.s. is that. i am so sick of this stupidity. racism will never die as long as people use it as a crutch to make excuses for themselves.

i agree 100% and im black

I really wish everyone would stop using the race card

How can we as a society move towards ending racism

if we keep spliting ourselves up by race

LJ is not representative of every NFL player and that packaged & edited interview should not be seen as a yardstick of reality. He's allowed his ignorance and beliefs just as we all are.

race is a weekly conversation on this show. it mostly revolves around there not being enough black head coaches. they took it to another level with this interview. makes me as mad as a saints loss to the falcons.

Don't it just break your heart when multi-millionaires whine about how rough they got it?

Michael Irvin=Idiot

He doesn't look like he's that type of an athlete," Irvin said of Romo. "But he is. He is, man. I don't know if some brother down in that line somewhere, I don't know who saw what or where, his great-great-great-great-grandma ran over in the 'hood or something went down."

Did he really say that... what is he talking about

i am starting to think that that crackpipe was his and not his friends... yeah right like anyone believed that anyway

Yea I white man can't possibly be an athlete, and whoever said this is about on par with Jimmy the Greek is correct, didn't he something along the lines of "well black athletes aren't as smart" or something like that...Irvin's comments are the same just the exact opposite...White people=smart but not athletic, black people=not smart but athletic....Sterotypes are pretty ridiculous no matter who's saying them....:dunno:

and yes Irvin is a complete idiot/bully(he's always trying to bully TJ and Jaws) I don't even know why he still has a job.....

Jimmy the Greek attributed the dominance of the black athlete to "selective breeding" practices with regards to slaves. The "bigger/stronger/faster were bred (by slave owners) with the bigger/stronger/faster", according to JtG.

It's an interesting theory - whether or not it holds water, who knows? But it unnecessarily brought up an unpleasant part of history, and he was punished for it.

i saw the segment, DV did say some stuff about LJ that wasnt too flattering, but LJ position about coaches was suprising to me - i dont see his point though, in pro sport your coach (or manager) is your boss - you have to respect the position, if you cant respect the man.

Chris carted reaction to Dan Marino's statement was also suprising - maybe LJ psition is shared by many

that show hasnt been worth a crap in 5 years, and they show every game from the weekend but our's, I finally quit watching it last year and havent looked back.... Bob costas single handedly ruined that show for me...

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom