I am so proud of our secondary and defense as a whole (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They showed up today. They were ridiculed all week and they came back and silenced the noise. They battled against likely the best trio of receivers we'll see all season and played well. This defense held that team to 9 points with excellent goal line defense and being opportunistic to capitalize on forced turnovers. Thank you so much defense. I salute you.

Reaction score
When Crawley came into the game to cover for PJ Williams, I knew we were in trouble.

Same outcome as last week. Guy is 2016 Jason David.

hookedsaint

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
I couldn't agree more OP, I tip my hat to the defense esp that young secondary. It was a hard fought game and those guys played tough...salute

JackDiesel

SR is my life!
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
When Crawley came into the game to cover for PJ Williams, I knew we were in trouble.

Not even close. I said it in the preseason and I think it bears repeating but we will suffer from growing pains with Crawley and Harris. Crawley was in great position on that last throw to Cruz and he was in good position in the 2 point conversion against the Raiders. Thanks to injuries he's had to play more than he should but in terms of development he's far ahead where SJB was and can still develop into a good CB. Even though he alligator armed the potential INT, they played well.

And how bout Bell!

Quiet Storm

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score

Not even close.

Jason David was NEVER in position to make play that Crawley should have made today. Crawley also had good coverage on the 2 point conversion too against Crabtree, Crabtree just made a better play.

I'm seeing a huge difference from this D from last year..we're attacking and got guys around the ball. Last year RB's and TE's ran wide open all day long..not seeing that this year.

If only our offense wasn't playing so conservative we would have had a win today.

DaFranchise80

Veteran
Reaction score
Late game situations such as what we witnessed today will only provide valuable experience for our young team. I want to win as bad as anyone but I also want our young defense to learn from their mistakes which I think they will. DA has these guys trending upward.

eddie94

Rookie
VIP Contributor
Reaction score
I saw 1 goal line stand, 2 sacks, and 3 turn overs...
....a vast improvement

Saint Kamara

Formerly SaintSproles and SaintReggie
Reaction score
It was an amazing effort, given the fact we had even more terrible injuries.

Hope PJ is ok and it is nothing serious.

Tee08

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Reaction score

:jpshakehead: Disagree .. that young kid Crawley did a really great job today, and he's only gonna get better. :hihi:

Slidell Mike

Pro-Bowler
Reaction score
Can't complain about our defense at all. Great effort all around. Crawley played quite well and was in perfect position against Cruz. Cruz simply out-toughed him on that particular play - credit Cruz. I liked what I saw out of Von Bell and Sterling. Craig Robertson again had a very good game. And, Dennis Allen is getting his players in position to make plays without giving up the big play. Run defense overall was outstanding - many tackles for loss.

It's sad to waste such a great defensive performance with poor play elsewhere.

Reaction score
Whatever.. Crawley should be on the practice squad and we need a veteran that doesn't make the rookie mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users Who Are Viewing This Thread (Users: 0, Guests: 1)

Thread starter Similar threads Forum Replies Date
Saints fans 'Ask Amie:' Answers about Michael Thomas, the secondary, practice squad call-ups Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints secondary faces young Raiders passing attack Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints snap counts: A look at the secondary usage and balance of carries for running backs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
'Put me anywhere:' Position flexibility in Saints' secondary makes New Orleans 'dangerous' Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Interview with the Enemy: Tampa Bay Buccaneers hope a young and improved secondary give troubles for Drew Brees Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints secondary Brady’s first test as a Buccaneer Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Dan in Lafayette C.J. Gardner-Johnson on Raiders Offense, Saints Run Defense | Saints at Raiders Week 2 2020 SR News Page Articles 0
Saint Kamara Is this the best combined Saints defense/special teams/kicking units of all time? Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Cincy Saint Film breakdown - Saints defense takes away the middle from Brady and the Bucs Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 0
Mississippi Saints Fan So excited about the defense this year. Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 26
Payton encouraged by Ruiz progress, Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: Saints defense faces tough test in Josh Jacobs Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Andrus Saints Defense at Raiders Offense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Film Study: How Saints rushing offense lines up vs. Raiders rushing defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints keeping it (under) 100... Everything you need to know about the defense's 44-game streak Saints RSS News Feeds 1
Andrus Saints Offense at Raiders Defense Preview SR News Page Articles 0
Second look: How the Saints went small on defense to defeat the Buccaneers Saints RSS News Feeds 1
ktmoze Saints Offense vs. Raiders Defense Preview - Week 2 Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 1
Dan in Lafayette 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad, Pt. 1 SR News Page Articles 0
ktmoze 2020 Saints Defense has traits of the 2009 Squad Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 13
Andrus Saints defense & special teams keep offense in the game to beat Bucs 34–23 SR News Page Articles 0
Saints can rely on consistent, balanced defense in title quest Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Shout out to the Defense!!! Saints Super Forum (Main Board) 14
Defense shines in spots as Saints top Buccaneers in near-silent Superdome Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: New look Bucs rushing attack takes on stout Saints run defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
3 bold predictions for the Saints defense in 2020 Saints RSS News Feeds 0
2021 NFL Draft names Saints fans need to know that won’t play this fall: Defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Saints defense will have to adjust to the new “normal” in the Dome without screaming fans Saints RSS News Feeds 0
Film Study: How Saints’ rushing offense lines up vs. Buccaneers rushing defense Saints RSS News Feeds 0