I am so proud of our secondary and defense as a whole (1 Viewer)

Blessedog

Hall-of-Famer
Reaction score
They showed up today. They were ridiculed all week and they came back and silenced the noise. They battled against likely the best trio of receivers we'll see all season and played well. This defense held that team to 9 points with excellent goal line defense and being opportunistic to capitalize on forced turnovers. Thank you so much defense. I salute you.

great. maybe that moral victory will somehow help them win an actual game

When Crawley came into the game to cover for PJ Williams, I knew we were in trouble.

Same outcome as last week. Guy is 2016 Jason David.

Talking heads will look at the stats and say "Giants dominated" which is a bunch of crap. These kids played their butts off today. I am extremely encouraged by this effort.

I couldn't agree more OP, I tip my hat to the defense esp that young secondary. It was a hard fought game and those guys played tough...salute

When Crawley came into the game to cover for PJ Williams, I knew we were in trouble.

Not even close. I said it in the preseason and I think it bears repeating but we will suffer from growing pains with Crawley and Harris. Crawley was in great position on that last throw to Cruz and he was in good position in the 2 point conversion against the Raiders. Thanks to injuries he's had to play more than he should but in terms of development he's far ahead where SJB was and can still develop into a good CB. Even though he alligator armed the potential INT, they played well.

And how bout Bell!

Not even close.

Jason David was NEVER in position to make play that Crawley should have made today. Crawley also had good coverage on the 2 point conversion too against Crabtree, Crabtree just made a better play.

I'm seeing a huge difference from this D from last year..we're attacking and got guys around the ball. Last year RB's and TE's ran wide open all day long..not seeing that this year.

If only our offense wasn't playing so conservative we would have had a win today.

Late game situations such as what we witnessed today will only provide valuable experience for our young team. I want to win as bad as anyone but I also want our young defense to learn from their mistakes which I think they will. DA has these guys trending upward.

I saw 1 goal line stand, 2 sacks, and 3 turn overs...
....a vast improvement

It was an amazing effort, given the fact we had even more terrible injuries.

Hope PJ is ok and it is nothing serious.

:jpshakehead: Disagree .. that young kid Crawley did a really great job today, and he's only gonna get better. :hihi:

Can't complain about our defense at all. Great effort all around. Crawley played quite well and was in perfect position against Cruz. Cruz simply out-toughed him on that particular play - credit Cruz. I liked what I saw out of Von Bell and Sterling. Craig Robertson again had a very good game. And, Dennis Allen is getting his players in position to make plays without giving up the big play. Run defense overall was outstanding - many tackles for loss.

It's sad to waste such a great defensive performance with poor play elsewhere.

Whatever.. Crawley should be on the practice squad and we need a veteran that doesn't make the rookie mistakes.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom