I believe. Teddy Bridgewater edition. (1 Viewer)

Please don't bring facts to this argument.

I will give Teddy some props, he managed the game well and we had zero turnovers. Going into SEA and accomplishing that feat is rare. But the Defense and Special teams played out of their minds today.
Special teams lost a fumble.

Defense gave up some huge plays and had several stupid penalties

Loved this quote from one of our news outlets up here in the Pacific Northwest (Portland), KOIN.com ..

No Pressure:

Bridgewater was helped by Seattle’s pass rush being unable to create consistent pressure. The debut of Jadeveon Clowney and Ziggy Ansah playing together on the defensive line yielded minimal results. Seattle had zero sacks, only two quarterback hits. While Bridgewater got rid of the ball quickly, he was comfortable in the pocket.

.. so while yes I do believe Theodore took big steps compared to last week, which in itself was night and day, ya also gotta give it up to the O-line for making sure that ol' Ted kept them "whites" nice and clean.. wadda' difference a week can make.. Props to CSP for getting the ship back on track.. love them guys!

PS: had to edit this in.. TB's gaining my respect quickly..

NW.

Last edited:
All true. Is there a point? Here are two other bad plays

The first is a great play by the Seattle defense. He jumped the route. Ball velocity prevented the interception. That one is more poor play calling than poor execution. Romo called the throw before the snap. The second one is a bad throw, floating high, something very common with strong armed QB’s when the adrenaline is pumping.

The issue is that Teddy must be better than perfect to satisfy his critics. He must make zero mistakes while attempting low percentage long balls on every throw.

There is a reason for this treatment and it is embarrassing. Maybe those doing it don’t even realize it.

There are at least 20 teams that would love to have a QB perform at the level we saw yesterday. Probably more.

I have seen Drew Brees struggle mightily in games like yesterday and he is an all time great. He was probably extremely proud of Teddy yesterday because he knows how difficult it is to win in Seattle in the rain.

If Teddy plays at this level for the next 4 or 5 games, he will be starting somewhere next season and the Saints front office will have a difficult decision to make.

The first is a great play by the Seattle defense. He jumped the route. Ball velocity prevented the interception. That one is more poor play calling than poor execution. Romo called the throw before the snap. The second one is a bad throw, floating high, something very common with strong armed QB’s when the adrenaline is pumping.

The issue is that Teddy must be better than perfect to satisfy his critics. He must make zero mistakes while attempting low percentage long balls on every throw.

There is a reason for this treatment and it is embarrassing. Maybe those doing it don’t even realize it.

There are at least 20 teams that would love to have a QB perform at the level we saw yesterday. Probably more.

I have seen Drew Brees struggle mightily in games like yesterday and he is an all time great. He was probably extremely proud of Teddy yesterday because he knows how difficult it is to win in Seattle in the rain.

If Teddy plays at this level for the next 4 or 5 games, he will be starting somewhere next season and the Saints front office will have a difficult decision to make.

Excuse counter

178 Offensive coordinator made me throw it.
179 My arm is too strong and I was excited.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom