I believe we should consider drafting Kevin Minter (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Kevin Minter. Some might say it's a little early, but we need a difference maker on that side of the ball. We need to take a chance in this draft and it needs to pay off. We could even trade back a few spots to try and pick up a 2nd rounder. But Minter is smart,fast,and physical he is loaded with potential whoever gets him is getting a gifted player. Just hope it's us. I'm about you guys but I'm also dieing to get a stud from LSU

I would love him to, but given our scenario I just don't see it happening. I think he is kinda flying under the radar right now because of mingo and montgomery. But I think he'll make for a solid pro.

Yea it would be nice to trade down and get him. I wouldnt mind getting him in the late 20s. ILB was not a position I was even thinking about this offseason. He did have better stats than Teo. That Florida LSU game showed alot about Elam and Minter. I think that game set the stage for those two this season. A pipe dream would be if we could get them with some future draft picks and trading back.

yeah, I agree, let get difference makers , if we have to move around in the draft to do it, so be it. plus with the cap , dropping down when ever we can to get more picks is a good idea, we need as many players to compete as possible

I have to say that if there is an inside linebacker who intrigues me in this draft it is Jordan Campbell. He was one of the top linebackers in the country before he transferred from USC. He could turn out to be the best inside linebacker in the draft, even better than minter.

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Jordan Campbell Gives Patriot Gab An Interview » Patriots Gab

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5DgDePoVAjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

I have to say that if there is an inside linebacker who intrigues me in this draft it is Jordan Campbell. He was one of the top linebackers in the country before he transferred from USC. He could turn out to be the best inside linebacker in the draft, even better than minter.

2013 NFL Draft Prospect Jordan Campbell Gives Patriot Gab An Interview » Patriots Gab

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/5DgDePoVAjk" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen=""></iframe>

This guy should be a Jimmy Graham type of pick for us. Meaning get him before someone else does. He reminds me of a young London Fletcher with his size and play making. Guy is going to be a stud and we could use him in the middle. Vilma is perfect to mentor him to be a great linebacker. We are lacking what this guy brings. Sam Mills and the dome patrol would like this pick!

I like Minter and would not be upset if we picked him in the First but just not at 15. I think he will be gone by the mid 2nd if not earlier.

Absolutely, I think he will be a better pro than Montgomery and Mingo.

Doesn't have the pre-fake girlfriend hype manti teo had, but had about the same production level all season BUT against SEC talent. I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the first but only if we traded back

With a lot of post on this topic already, one being below:
http://saintsreport.com/forums/f2/draft-prospect-mlb-kevin-minter-282272/?highlight=kevin+minter
I would love to see this pick. Granted, I love LSU but I will try to keep my analysis impartial as much as possible. He is a VERY smart and cerebral player. He always has been. Plus he has already graduated from LSU (granted he is a Red-Shirt JR) which IMO says a lot about someones character and lifetime goals. One of our biggest problems was tackling (among others) and he excels at that. At times he was exposed in coverage. Most MLB's are so no real surprise there. However, he did make several great plays while in zone coverages and have several pass break ups and Int's. We all salivate when draft time come around and always want the BIG name players in the first round. Reality is most first round graded talent never live up to the hype. I would much rather prefer someone who I have seen game in and game out always play very consistent and on a high level instead of someone that has just been getting hype up because the draft is near.

We could even trade back a few spots to try and pick up a 2nd rounder.

I love Minter and am an LSU fan... but if we are picking Minter we most certainly better have traded back first. With our cap situation and needs we need to maximize our value in the draft, even the smallest reach is unacceptable.

Doesn't have the pre-fake girlfriend hype manti teo had, but had about the same production level all season BUT against SEC talent. I wouldn't be upset if we took him in the first but only if we traded back

This, as many others have said.

no thanks, dont want to go ILB and if we would go ilb id rather go with Teo

Barring a significant free-agency signing, we need to draft an ILB early. All of our current players can "kind of" fit into the 3-4 mold, but we have a big gap at the two ILB spots. Lofton is great but who is next to him? Hawthorne did not impress. Vilma was not great at it as a Jet and will be worse now. So, as a "need pick" Minter would be great, especially because it would allow us to trade down.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom