I blame the offense (1 Viewer)

UFCSaint

Super Forum Fanatic
Reaction score
I blame the last two losses on offense. If you had said at the beginning of the season that we would only give up 25 and 23 points to the two Superbowl teams from last year then I think everyone would've jumped on it. But when your bread and butter high-powered offense only puts up 20 and 23 points, then in my opinion you blame them. The point output in the first half last night was inexcusable.

Offense laid an egg yes but it was one week where before they were doing great. What you need to be talking about is the special teams, that is the consistent downfall week after week after week . The 10 point swing last night was huge in a 3 point final score. Week before they lost it to Denver. This is a recurring nightmare

CAR was lost by coaching.

The CAR defense invited us to run, dink, and dunk, and we did.

I think Payton saw that the OL couldn't pass protect Brew, so he backed off the intermediate and long routes.

Calling running plays and hudding up while behind late in the game is a head scratcher unless it was done to protect Drew.

Really? Because last week I saw the offense score the TD in the last minute to take the lead and it was screwed up by the special teams. I'll give you this game, though. What bothered me was the play calling down 20 points and absolutely zero sense of urgency.

Really? Because last week I saw the offense score the TD in the last minute to take the lead and it was screwed up by the special teams. I'll give you this game, though. What bothered me was the play calling down 20 points and absolutely zero sense of urgency.

They had 4 turnovers. OK, they did comeback and they would take the lead but there was still 1 minute on the clock and stopping an offense when they only need a fg and will go for it on 4th down because they have nothing to lose is a very hard thing to ask for a defense, especially ours. This team's strength -the offense- should have done their job early when defense gave them multiple chances.

The exactly same thing happened last night.

The only reason the offense had to score in the last minute was because of the 4 turnovers they gave away earlier in the game. They are to blame last week (in particular Michael Thomas).

I blame Special Teams and here is why:
The vast majority of the offensive errors are mistakes that the Defense forces you into. Hard hits to force a fumble, coverages to confuse or pressure to force a bad decision and an INT, etc. Very rarely is someone running along ho hum for a sure TD and just drops the ball. The best RB and QBs in the history of the game had/have turnovers.
However, the ST mistakes we are making are unforced errors that pee wee children are taught. 2 kickoff returners running into each other because they don't know which one is supposed to be the return man, running into your punt returner, fielding the kickoff at the 1/2 yard line instead of letting it be a Touchback and getting 25 yards for free, FIELDING THE KICKOFF AT THE 1 YARD LINE INSTEAD OF LETTING IT GO OUT OF BOUNDS AND GETTING 39 YARDS FOR FREE. That mistake last night was a 6 point swing. We got the ball at our 1 and went 3 and out and punted to them and they get 1 1st down get a FG out of it. If we get the ball at the 40 and go 3 and out and punt and hold them to 1 first down then we get the ball back and WE are the ones in FG range so we get the FG instead of them.
How is it that a grown man making nearly a million dollars and his whole job is to play special teams don't know the most basic rules of a free kick when pee wee kids know to let a kickoff go out of bounds? SPECIAL TEAMS COACHING.

I blame Special Teams and here is why:
The vast majority of the offensive errors are mistakes that the Defense forces you into. Hard hits to force a fumble, coverages to confuse or pressure to force a bad decision and an INT, etc. Very rarely is someone running along ho hum for a sure TD and just drops the ball. The best RB and QBs in the history of the game had/have turnovers.
However, the ST mistakes we are making are unforced errors that pee wee children are taught. 2 kickoff returners running into each other because they don't know which one is supposed to be the return man, running into your punt returner, fielding the kickoff at the 1/2 yard line instead of letting it be a Touchback and getting 25 yards for free, FIELDING THE KICKOFF AT THE 1 YARD LINE INSTEAD OF LETTING IT GO OUT OF BOUNDS AND GETTING 39 YARDS FOR FREE. That mistake last night was a 6 point swing. We got the ball at our 1 and went 3 and out and punted to them and they get 1 1st down get a FG out of it. If we get the ball at the 40 and go 3 and out and punt and hold them to 1 first down then we get the ball back and WE are the ones in FG range so we get the FG instead of them.
How is it that a grown man making nearly a million dollars and his whole job is to play special teams don't know the most basic rules of a free kick when pee wee kids know to let a kickoff go out of bounds? SPECIAL TEAMS COACHING.

I have seen multiple fumbles by this team where no one hits them and I have seen Brees throw several INTs from just a horrid throw. There are lots of faults on this team right now. Special Teams is a glaring one...but has been for a while. The lack of offense urgency or output the past few weeks has been a little alarming.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom