I came up with a listing of the 31 most important players for the Saints this season (1 Viewer)

DerrickB

Subscribing Member
VIP Subscribing Member
VIP Contributor
Approved Blogger
Reaction score
I had to remove Latavius Murray at the last minute. Lol
Hope you enjoy the post. A few late additions were added as well.

These lists are always fun and highly subjective. I think you have to have a defensive player in the top 3, it’s a big question mark over there.

My top 5:

1. Jamies : QB play will make or break success.
2. Kamara: With Brees gone and MT out, AK has to stay healthy and have a big year.
3. Davenport: Cam is getting older and Turner is a rookie. We spent a lot to get MD and this is the year he must perform.
4. Callaway: It’s his time to show he can be a WR1 in this league. With MT out and disgruntled, it’s all laid out for Callaway to take that step. If he doesn’t, we’re going to have trouble using Winston’s skill set to challenge defenses.
5. Roby/Crawley: Especially if Lattimore is suspended at some point, CB2 has to be reliable.

You’ve got the OTs and the DEs way too low on your list imo.
I was going to say the same.
DD is way more valuable than he is getting credit for. Our Oline needs to be higher bc Winston’s progression and our success depends on them. TQS should be a dang afterthought in year 4. Gillikin should be higher bc he is replacing a Saints legend and one of the best to ever do it. Punters help with controlling field position. They don’t get enough credit.

You’ve got the OTs and the DEs way too low on your list imo.
It's really not a rankings post to be honest. I just start putting players down in no particular order. It was originally going to be a top 25 list. But a few folks would get left off. Almost forgot to list Taysom and Ceedy. 😆 🤣 😂

Davenport had a great preseason and could be primed for a Hendrickson kind of breakout year. He’d above above Peyton Turner and much higher up on my list. Still some good work though, my friend.

Davenport had a great preseason and could be primed for a Hendrickson kind of breakout year. He’d above above Peyton Turner and much higher up on my list. Still some good work though, my friend.

Thanks

Not so sure about Tre'quan Smith. We've got enough other guys (at this point, imo, TS is JAG) that I think can do the job as well as TS.

Today, I think Ty, Deonte, and Lil Jordan can do as much as TS, meaning if TS becomes injured that position won't miss a beat. If he can be replaced without the team hurting, then he can't be all that important.

He has a ton of potential, but we haven't seen anything from him except the occasional spurt.

I wouldn't have him on that list.

Last edited:
Kicker / Punter are way to high on that list,

Cameron Jordan / Marcus Davenport should be much higher

Our defense will be more important that how our kick / punt team develos

Kicker / Punter are way to high on that list,

Cameron Jordan / Marcus Davenport should be much higher

Our defense will be more important that how our kick / punt team develos
Thanks for reading. As I previously stated, it's not really a ranking order to the list. I almost left Davenport off to be honest. Lol

Golden opprunity for lamar to show the world he can be a passer which i have no doubt he wont lol

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom