I can’t wait for next season (1 Viewer)

Reaction score
Will Drew come back against all odds? Will it be Jameis? Taysom? A trade or free agent acquisition? Watson? Stafford? Carr? Rodgers? A draft pick?

No doubt the Saints will trade/release a big name or two. Who will it be? Lattimore? Thomas? Kamara?

There’s lots to be excited about. Rosters necessarily change. I’m happy we have Payton as head coach and I think the Saints will continue to be successful going forward.

I’m just looking forward to seeing the direction it takes. Next fall can’t come soon enough.

Im at the point of well see. Regular season starting to mean nothing at all especially of Saints do well. Hopefully the challenge and message will be postseason success.

If this team has a capable QB next year no reason why they can't win. This team will still have one of the deepest and most talented rosters in the NFL despite some of the talent they will lose this offseason.

Will Drew come back against all odds? Will it be Jameis? Taysom? A trade or free agent acquisition? Watson? Stafford? Carr? Rodgers? A draft pick?

No doubt the Saints will trade/release a big name or two. Who will it be? Lattimore? Thomas? Kamara?

There’s lots to be excited about. Rosters necessarily change. I’m happy we have Payton as head coach and I think the Saints will continue to be successful going forward.

I’m just looking forward to seeing the direction it takes. Next fall can’t come soon enough.
Saints will get a deal done for Brees, for next season, to relieve the team from the 20 million salary cap hit in 2021. They will resign him and then he will retire after June 1st, with his 20 million spread out over the next 2 seasons as a salary.

If I was a fan of any other team, I’d be worried about our future with the lack of certainty of who is the next to take the throne at QB...But, this is Sean Payton you’re talking about. That’s what makes me excited—because he will go after players like Zach Wilson by trading the farm if he truly believes that dude is the next Mahomes (Still hurts being one pick away). Or, if he truly thinks Watson or Stafford or Rodgers should be the next QB, I can trust that he will go get Either of them.

I think Drew returns for another year. I can't see him retiring losing to Brady and his last pass thrown in his career being intercepted. Now, if Drew does retire, it would be nice to sign Rodgers or Stafford. Both would exceed in Payton's O. Again, if Drew retires, if Winston re-signs then I think he'll be our starter over Taysom.

All this trade talk about MT, has anyone said anything about the dead cap money (which would be huge I think) that we would incur? Not sure how that works, I do know someone would have to agree to take his contract on, which usually isnt too hard.

Has Billy v retired yet. Just one more thing for drew to consider. We need to draft well but the wrestling vibe that is postseason refs is getting more and more transparent as time goes by. In some ways setting the roster in the offseason is actually better than the season itself. So yeah I kinda sorta feel you.

I’m not really. Gonna go from playoffs to Jameis going 9-8. Gonna draft like 18th and wonder what we’re gonna do at the qb spot. However if we get stafford I would be super excited but he will go to an nfc contender

All this trade talk about MT, has anyone said anything about the dead cap money (which would be huge I think) that we would incur? Not sure how that works, I do know someone would have to agree to take his contract on, which usually isnt too hard.
No everyone is pretending the salary cap doesn't exist. We can pay Watson $25million, take $20million cap hit for Drew and take another $20million cap hit for trading CGM and still keep the team intact.

Ive seen so many vids on YouTube about trading MT13, getting Watson....we are broke. Trading MT13 is insane and would kill us...

I just don’t see any huge moves. Lots of restructuring contracts, losing some good players to free agency. But if anyone can do something it would be Loomis. Underhill says we can continue kicking the can down the road forever if we want. Talking about the cap situation....

who knows what’s gonna happen.

I think Drew returns for another year. I can't see him retiring losing to Brady and his last pass thrown in his career being intercepted. Now, if Drew does retire, it would be nice to sign Rodgers or Stafford. Both would exceed in Payton's O. Again, if Drew retires, if Winston re-signs then I think he'll be our starter over Taysom.

Given that this particular incarnation of the team is going to remain relatively intact for at least one more season, I want to see Drew return.

I do want them to draft a quarterback in the first round, and I would like to see an emphasis on the run game. Obviously there would still be some games where Drew would have to sling it more than planned, but overall I think this could work.

I've always enjoyed watching Stafford play, but I'm just not feeling the same level of excitement that others are......as I feel like I've seen this episode way too many times with other teams. "If we could just replace the quarterback, the sky is the limit!"

Denver has attempted this pretty much every year since Peyton Manning retired. With Chicago, Jay Cutler was going to be the answer. Case Keenum took the Vikings to the NFCCG, but it somehow became universally decided that an upgrade at quarterback would help them win it all. Kirk Cousins is better than him, so the upgrade did take place, but the results didn't coincide with it.

2021 will remind me a little of the 2006 season when SP had to rebuild the club. Due to the high dollar salaries and the impending cap space, allot of changes are coming.

I supported Drew this year, knowing that he had very little left in the tank. There is no way that I can support him returning in 2021. I'd really hope that Payton/Loomis would step in if that was the case. His window is closed...and it's time to move forward.

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom