I can see this happening in the offseason (1 Viewer)

nextyear

ALL-MADDEN TEAM
Reaction score
Draft

1st round - Trade pick 10 to Dallas for their two 1st round picks

1a Rey Mauluga MLB USC
1b Aqib Talib CB Kansas
2 Jerod Mayo OLB Tenn
3 Chevis Jackson CB LSU
4 Jacob Tamme TE Kentucky or Owen Schmitt FB/TE WVU (if he grades out as a TE)
5 Matt Forte RB Tulane
6 Darius Reynaud WR WVU
7 Brandon Coutu K Georgia

Free Agents

Corey Williams DT Green Bay 5y/30m
Jaques Reeves CB Dallas 4y/17m
Drayton Florence CB San Diego 4y/17m
Alan Faneca G Pitt 6y/48m
Ken Hamlin S Dallas 4y/15m
Andre Davis WR/KR Houston 3y/13m

Who do you expect Dallas to want at 10 t0 give up two first round picks?

I hope so! Hamlin will retire a Cowboy though and the top five picks will be gone by end of round 3. I see us trading Devery to the eagles in the draft. Maybe we can at least get a third out of him.

I hope so! Hamlin will retire a Cowboy though and the top five picks will be gone by end of round 3. I see us trading Devery to the eagles in the draft. Maybe we can at least get a third out of him.

Devery is no longer under contract. He is not tradeable unless we franchise him. Getting a 3rd for him, when he was a 2nd rounder himself, with the way his career has gone would be impossible. I don't see him having any trade value even if he was still under contract.

Remember a few years ago we signed a boat load of Safteys in the off season, I hope we do that with Cb this year with at least one big time corner at the top and let the battle at camp decide who stays.

The only the player the Cowboys would trade up for is McFadden, who Jerry Jones has an unnatural love for. If they trade up I don't think its with us.

I also don't think Maluaga would be there at either of their picks. He might be the best LB in the draft if he declares, which he has repeatedly and recently said he isn't.

The Boys have pick #21 and #28 (i believe)..now way are Talib or Rey on the board at either of those picks....Mel Kiper was saying Talib is the best CB in the draft and wont make it out of the top 10...Rey is my "potential" favorite player in this years draft....we have to take him at #10 if he enters!!

I love your opportunistic look at the off season though..i would LOVE if the saints brought in only 2 off the FA's you mention....Heres to hoping

not according to the projections found on nfldraftblitz.com

reeves sucks at corner no way he makes 17 mil. and rey isnt coming out

The Saints will offer DH a lowball contract and no one else will match it. He'll be dropping easy passes and making big plays for us again next year. (If he makes the team.}

Who do you expect Dallas to want at 10 t0 give up two first round picks?

Dallas desperately wants Phillips to replace Mr. Horse Collar who can no longer provide deep coverage. This is their glaring weakness on defense.

Draft

1st round - Trade pick 10 to Dallas for their two 1st round picks

1a Rey Mauluga MLB USC
1b Aqib Talib CB Kansas
2 Jerod Mayo OLB Tenn
3 Chevis Jackson CB LSU
4 Jacob Tamme TE Kentucky or Owen Schmitt FB/TE WVU (if he grades out as a TE)
5 Matt Forte RB Tulane
6 Darius Reynaud WR WVU
7 Brandon Coutu K Georgia

Free Agents

Corey Williams DT Green Bay 5y/30m
Jaques Reeves CB Dallas 4y/17m
Drayton Florence CB San Diego 4y/17m
Alan Faneca G Pitt 6y/48m
Ken Hamlin S Dallas 4y/15m
Andre Davis WR/KR Houston 3y/13m

maybe the trade wouldnt happen , otherwise its pretty realistic. but i thought hamlin got a new contract ? meanwhile iam not a big fan of his coverage ability , he is too much like harper.
be we can get the new england guy ( forgot his name. ) . the draft is pretty decent and i have a mancrush on talib.

Devery is no longer under contract. He is not tradeable unless we franchise him. Getting a 3rd for him, when he was a 2nd rounder himself, with the way his career has gone would be impossible. I don't see him having any trade value even if he was still under contract.

Excellent reasoning and argument. Even greater value in the fact that you made your points in four sentences. :potd:

JMHO.

:gosaints:

Dallas desperately wants Phillips to replace Mr. Horse Collar who can no longer provide deep coverage. This is their glaring weakness on defense.

"In early August 2006 the Dallas Cowboys signed Williams to a four-year contract extension worth $25.2 million to keep him with the team through the 2010 season."

I think the Cowboys like having Roy Williams on their team. In 2006 both the 49ers and NY Jets possessed two 1st round picks. Neither team wanted to use them to trade up when Reggie Bush was on the board. I would be simply dumbfounded if Dallas were to make this sort of deal. Only one team would be that dumb...........

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Already have an account? Log in here.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back
    Top Bottom